Can't save Shelly roller shutter automation - Message malformed: value must be one of

Hi all, I’m trying to automate the position of a roller shutter (using a Shelly 2.5) to sync the movement of a second shutter, but I can’t get the automation to save. The error message isn’t very helpful: Message malformed: value must be one of ['close', 'close_tilt', 'open', 'open_tilt', 'stop'] for dictionary value @ data['type']

If I set position to a number (eg position: 10) then it works fine, so I’m assuming its my automation syntax that’s wrong, or a problem evaluating this on save?

alias: Bedroom Sync left shutter with right
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: 09d01ebe6f9305815a78c16ec1092d72
    domain: cover
    entity_id: cover.bedroom_shutters_right
    type: position
    above: 0
    below: 100
condition:
  - condition: and
    conditions:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.bedroom_shutters_synced
        state: '1'
action:
  - device_id: f69d0d4c5268cdab4b2d2fc94eb9c88d
    entity_id: cover.bedroom_shutters_left
    type: set_position
    position: "{{ int(state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_right', 'current_position')) }}"
mode: single

If I jump over to the template section of the developer tools and pop this same line into the example template it works fine:

Blind position is {{ int(state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_left', 'current_position')) }}

--> Blind position is 50

Is my syntax wrong?

There’s a similar bug here but it was fixed in Jan 2021 and I’m running the 2022.5.4 release.

There’s a similar bug for ShellyForHASS here but it was related to the position not being sent, whereas my blind’s current position is 50 — perhaps this isn’t sent when saving the automation and so it hits the same bug?

Home Assistant Core 2022.5.4
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.2
Home Assistant OS 7.6

Have you tried :
{{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_left', 'current_position')|int(default=0) }}

Oh nevermind, this is NOT where the error is !!!
The error says that the type must be one of ['close', 'close_tilt', 'open', 'open_tilt', 'stop'] not set_position as you wrote !
This set_position does not exists. You have to close/open to a position.

I have no covers at home so I can’t really be 100% sure of what I’m saying but just based on error you have it looks like you are calling a not existing thing :slight_smile:

You should probably write something like :

[...blabla]
action:
  - device_id: f69d0d4c5268cdab4b2d2fc94eb9c88d
    type: close
    position: "{{ int(state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_right', 'current_position')) }}"
mode: single

And… after a quick look, set_position is a thing for a service !
Then :

[...your automation begin...]
action:
  - service: cover.set_cover_position
    data:
      position: {{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_left', 'current_position')|int(default=0) }}
    target:

Last edit (I hope !)
Template is maybe better like this
{{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_left', 'current_position')|int(default=0) }} because the template filter int MUST specify a default value !

Or maybe like this:
{{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_left', 'current_position') | float(0) }}

This is really odd.

Working sample:

device_id: 836b90c944550feb6ddd5a778ab1cc0c
entity_id: cover.couch_roller
position: 0

Gives the error from the first post

device_id: 836b90c944550feb6ddd5a778ab1cc0c
entity_id: cover.couch_roller
position: "{{ state_attr('cover.balkony_roller', 'current_position') | float(0) }}"

Message malformed: value must be one of [‘close’, ‘close_tilt’, ‘open’, ‘open_tilt’, ‘stop’] for dictionary value @ data[‘type’]

Try it as an action in automation:
The left should be set to the right

service: cover.set_cover_position
data:
  tilt_position: "{{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_right', 'current_position') | float(0) }}"
target:

You may need to add a delay before the automation evaluates the position of the right blind

edit: I noticed that you have used in the input_boolean condition, which probably guards the right blind when it is in position. No delay will be required

@pepe59 that did the trick, works with the template!
The service name is cover.set_cover_position though.

service: cover.set_cover_position
data:
  tilt_position: "{{ state_attr('cover.bedroom_shutters_right', 'current_position') | float(0) }}"
target:

My fault. Somehow I got stuck writing :slightly_smiling_face:
Corrected in my post. Thanks for the warning