Cant seem to get trusted networks to work

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

twilio:
  account_sid: ID
  auth_token: TOKEN

notify:
    name: twilio
    platform: twilio_sms
    from_number: +155555555555

auth_providers:
  - type: trusted_networks
    trusted_networks:
      - 10.0.50.0/24
      - fd00::/8
    trusted_users:
      10.0.50.0/24:
        - admin

binary_sensor: !include binary_sensor.yaml
sensor: !include sensor.yaml
group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

The ha system is behind a router on my lan. I can access it via the domain I setup but even though I’m accessing it from the 10.0.50.0/24 network. It’s not auto logging me in. I have to enter a password everytime.

do you have another auth_providers section in there? It seems you must have because you haven’t defined homeassistant as an auth provider and without that it won’t log in at all if you’re not on a trusted network.

auth_providers needs to sit under the homesssistant tag…

he is showing it that way… even if it’s at the bottom, it’s still right (no indenting) but I suspect he has one at the top as well…

Not sure I agree.

HA by default loads the standard auth providers unless you include an auth_providers section in your config.

In this case the auth_providers section is in the wrong place and so the default are still being loaded.

Auth providers should be under the HomeAsssitant tag as follows:

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:

Actually you’re right… doh!

That file is exactly as it is in my config file. I don’t see the homeassistant tag anywhere. It must be somewhere though. I have several of these running and all are like this.

Yes but it’s not working so it needs to be under homeassistant: and indented for it to work