Can't start some addon become of zigbee2mqtt usb device

Hi,

Since I rebooted my server, some addon can’t start:

19-07-05 01:41:00 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker] Can't start addon_a0d7b954_vscode: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0014XXXXXX-if00": no such file or directory")
19-07-05 01:41:01 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker] Can't start addon_7ad98f9c_zigbee2mqtt: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0014XXXXXX-if00": no such file or directory")
19-07-05 01:41:18 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker] Can't start addon_a0d7b954_nodered: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0014XXXXXX-if00": no such file or directory")

I think I already had a problem similar to that one and “fixed” it by reinstalling the affected addons. This time this doesn’t work. If I unplug the usb device, I can start the addons excepting the zigbee2mqtt addon.

When I go to Hass.io -> System and click the hardware button, I see that the device /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0014XXXXXX-if00 is correctly detected.

What’s wrong?

I’m running Hass.io on a Proxmox VM (HassOS 2.12, I also had the problem on 2.11)

Thanks.

If I login with ssh on port 22222 (debug), I don’t see the device when doing an ls on /dev/serial/by-id, but I see my zigbee/zwave stick? The device is listed with lsusb though.

Well, I manually created the symlink and I was then able to start my addons.

This is an ugly hack and this will not persist a reboot, so I would like to understand what’s wrong and how to fix it correctly.

ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC__
_0X00124B0014XXXXXX-if00
1 Like

Did you manage to figure this out? I’m seeing a similar issue but with a Nortek USB stick. Can’t get addons to start.

I have the same issue with a Conbee II stick. Can you list the steps to where you created that symlink? I’m a noob and it would be super helpful.

I’ve created an issue with Hassio here: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio/issues/1265
Please anyone having the same issue to add to my report. Cheers

1 Like

just ran into the same issue with my stick: https://www.tindie.com/products/slaesh/cc2652-zigbee-coordinator-or-openthread-router/

seems like docker has an issue with the colon-sign in device-names!

had to rename my devices name… works now…

Can I ask you how did you manage to solve the problem? What do you mean by renaming your devices?

in my case, I could “rename” the device in re-programming the USB-chip itself with a different name (without colon’s!).
I guess the other (only?) possible solution is to create links. And you have to take care that these links are re-created after rebooting!

How did you manage to reprogram the chip with a different name?