Can't update my sonoff basic to the latest

Hello,
I am not sure why but this specific sonoff basic is proving hard to update. At the moment it is on 1.20.4 but I remember having some issue with the OTA at the time. It would not connect to the wifi. I eventually managed to reflash it with esptool.py

Now I am trying to OTA it to the latest software (2021.8.2) and again it is failing. This time even with esptool it won’t work.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my config and would appreciate if someone could look at it?

substitutions:
  devicename: entrancelamp

esphome:
  name: $devicename
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

web_server:
  port: 80

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  password: "secret password"

ota:
  password: "secret password"

binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio
    pin:
      number: GPIO14
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
      inverted: True
    id: lamp_button
    on_state:
      - light.toggle: light_1

output:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: GPIO12
    id: relay

light:
  - platform: binary
    name: "Entrance Lamp"
    id: light_1
    output: relay

status_led:
  pin:
    number: GPIO13
    inverted: yes
1 Like

By luck this thread came back to the surface of the forum and it send the log level to INFO fix my problem.
So issue resolved for the moment.

It’s worrying that you say this problem still persists with 2021.8.2 - are you referring to the ESPHome version, or the Home Assistant version? I ask because my ESPHome plugin is still showing version 2021.8.0 with no update available.

Using version 2021.8.0, I was able to update nodes OTA with normal DEBUG level again, whereas on 1.20.4 I had to use the level: INFO trick. So to hear you say this problem is still persisting on the latest version of ESPHome is very worrying.

This is the version of EspHome that is at 2021.8.2…My HA is at 2021.8.8

Something is strange with that Sonoff anyway. I have had a lot of issue with it when it comes to upgrade for the last 2 version of EspHome. Last time to get to 1.20.4 I had to remove a line of config (the captive_portal one). I thought after that it would be ok but going to 2021.8.2 failed as well and I could no longer connect to Wifi again.

I will try to flash it again, when I have some time, with the debug on to see what happens.

I have the same issue, I can’t update wirelessly some sonoff device with

INFO Successfully connected to 192.168.1.159
[01:36:40][I][app:102]: ESPHome version 2022.12.3 compiled on Jan 21 2023, 23:46:56

And debug level default debug, so to solve I Need to update manually?