Cant update or install any integrations with HACS

Hi folks.

I started getting some weird errors when using HACS. in the UI it just says No content to download, but continues with the flow, not downloading anything though.

in the logs i have the following:

2022-07-03 20:27:44 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Plugin thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row> timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop'
2022-07-03 20:27:44 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Plugin thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row> Running pre installation steps
2022-07-03 20:27:44 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Plugin thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row> Pre installation steps completed
2022-07-03 20:27:44 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Plugin thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row> Running installation steps
2022-07-03 20:27:44 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Plugin thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row> timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop'
2022-07-03 20:27:44 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] No content to download

And furthermore have a bunch of these as well:

2022-07-03 20:27:35 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <QueueManager> No manifest.json file found 'custom_components/None/manifest.json'
2022-07-03 20:27:35 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <QueueManager> No manifest.json file found 'custom_components/None/manifest.json'

Running version 1.25.5 of HACS and 2022.6.7 of HomeAssistant.

Anyone tried anything like it or have any ideas how i could fix it and get my integrations upgraded?

Was it working previously?

If you just installed it, how did you do that?

Yeah, it did work at least a a month or two ago, didnt update stuff for approx two months there.

in the start the legacy way; config in the yaml file and just downloaded from github.
i tried a reinstall where i removed HACS and then installed the “new” way, with config in the UI, but i get the same errors no matter the installation.

Anyone with the same issue, the solution was to delete the deps folder and restart the container:

1 Like

I’m only getting that last error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py”, line 26, in _handle_async_response
await func(hass, connection, msg)
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/websocket/repository.py”, line 40, in hacs_repository_info
await repository.update_repository(ignore_issues=True, force=True)
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/utils/decorator.py”, line 28, in wrapper
result = await function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py”, line 126, in update_repository
if manifest := await self.async_get_integration_manifest():
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py”, line 173, in async_get_integration_manifest
raise HacsException(f"No {RepositoryFile.MAINIFEST_JSON} file found ‘{manifest_path}’")
custom_components.hacs.exceptions.HacsException: No manifest.json file found ‘custom_components/None/manifest.json’

When trying to update an integration. I deleted the integration and HACS and it still somehow thinks I have that integration installed and still gives me the error when trying to ‘update’ it. But I also can’t install it since HACS thinks it’s already present.

How does it even know when I completely deleted HACS?

Is the integration still in /config/custom_components? If so, delete it.

I had deleted HACS and its files on disk. As well as the integration and its files on disk. Then I found a post on how to uninstall HACS and the missing piece for me was to also delete these files:
/config/.storage/hacs.*
Once I did that I was able to re-acquire the broken integration and I’m back up and running again with normal behavior.

Hacs has comprehensive removal instructions. Glad you got it fixed.