Can't update - system unhealthy

Hello,

I have the following warnings in my installation. It worked before so i’m not sure what’s wrong now and how to debug.

Thank you for your help,

21-04-09 09:06:34 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] 'ResolutionFixup.run_autofix' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
21-04-09 10:06:34 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] 'ResolutionFixup.run_autofix' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
21-04-09 11:58:17 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy

It also says you are running an unsupported installation.

Perhaps it’s time to fix that by switching to a supported system and that will also eliminate the unhealthy warning.

Well, unhealthy and unsupported are not related by default… I’m running an unsupported installation (Supervised on Raspbian) also, but never had an “unhealthy” status.
Which Docker version are you running it on? It should be at least 19.03.0 (I’m on 20.10.3 atm), maybe that’s the reason for “unhealthy” state…
Check here for additional info.

Running 20.10.5 on Debian

ProTip: clicking " Learn more" tell you exactly what the issue is, and in most cases how to solve it

it kinda didn’t, hence i’m here.

the link “learn more” took me: Unsupported software - Home Assistant

Quoting from the link:

The solution

You will find a list of offending containers in your Supervisor log.

If you remove all offending containers from your host and then reload the Supervisor, it will no longer be marked as unsupported for this reason.

Well, in my Supervisor log, as shared, doesn’t tell me which are the offending containers.

Any tip?

Which containers are you running? Can we see the output of “docker ps”?

Your shared “log” is only 3 selected lines

You may eventually encounter it because Supervisor relies on the underlying operating system’s installation of Docker and Network Manager (amongst other things) and requires them to be at a minimum version level (which is increased over time).

It happened to everyone who was using Ubuntu 18.04 (including me) because Supervisor required a version of Network Manager higher than what was available in 18.04. The quick fix was to upgrade to 20.04 (because its version of Network Manager was compliant with Supervisor’s requirements). The long-term fix was to switch to Debian 10, currently the only supported Linux distro for Home Assistant Supervised (so both “unsupported” and “unhealthy” messages are eliminated).

FWIW, I have two systems (production and test) both are Home Assistant supervised on Debian 10, one is on a laptop and the other on an RPI3.

The OP probably hasn’t run a sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade in a long time.

1 Like

of course:

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                             COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS        PORTS                                                                NAMES
94947a1f51cc   homeassistant/amd64-addon-configurator:5.2.0      "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        addon_core_configurator
f0c8c8612739   ghcr.io/hassio-addons/node-red/amd64:8.2.1        "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        addon_a0d7b954_nodered
3ab3650a66b2   esphome/esphome-hassio-amd64:1.16.2               "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        addon_15ef4d2f_esphome
87d84b752044   homeassistant/amd64-addon-deconz:6.8.0            "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours   0.0.0.0:192->5900/tcp                                                addon_core_deconz
1465cc0b3d73   dwelch2101/dropbox-sync-amd64:1.3.0               "/run.sh"                16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        addon_7be23ff5_dropbox_sync
a68977b9b491   homeassistant/amd64-addon-mosquitto:5.1.1         "/init /run.sh"          16 hours ago   Up 16 hours   0.0.0.0:1883-1884->1883-1884/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8883-8884->8883-8884/tcp   addon_core_mosquitto
899b77210f1b   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-multicast:2021.04.0    "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        hassio_multicast
ac2ccb3510d0   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-cli:2021.03.1          "/init /bin/bash -c …"   16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        hassio_cli
16083d2d4a1c   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-audio:2021.02.1        "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        hassio_audio
c471b83a0576   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-dns:2021.01.0          "/init"                  16 hours ago   Up 16 hours                                                                        hassio_dns
bb33c19e09e0   storjlabs/storagenode:latest                      "/entrypoint"            16 hours ago   Up 16 hours   0.0.0.0:14002->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp                   storagenode
fe5d08dcd000   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor             "/init"                  3 days ago     Up 16 hours                                                                        hassio_supervisor
2f7f13acd62d   storjlabs/watchtower                              "/watchtower storage…"   8 days ago     Up 16 hours                                                                        watchtower
c785f0d6ab6d   homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.3.4   "/init"                  3 weeks ago    Up 15 hours                                                                        homeassistant
5a80720cc55c   homeassistant/amd64-hassio-observer:2020.10.1     "/init"                  3 months ago   Up 16 hours   0.0.0.0:4357->80/tcp                                                 hassio_observer

Maybe the storagenode?

If yes, is there a way to run both home assistant and storagenode together?

@123, i did run apt-get update && upgrade yesterday.

Appreciate the help,

I would assume storagenode and watchtower containers are causing it, as no “external” containers are allowed besides HA ones. Unfortunately I don’t know how to deal with it (not familiar with storagenode).

I can confirm that others have experienced problems when attempting to include watchtower.

That one, that’s the issue

Does this help (renaming it)?
Mind the WARNING!

1 Like

i can confirm this fixed it.

Thank you so much for the swift assistance from all.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Best,

From the linked article:

The simplest workaround I’ve come up with to run Watchtower without Home Assistant detecting it, is to run an image that isn’t called Watchtower.

I think the development team might have something to say about why this is a bad idea. Changing its name will evade the “unhealthy” message but not the potential negative interactions with Supervisor.

You may be back in the future reporting some bizarre behavior caused by that interaction … and diagnosing it may prove to be challenging because the renaming of watchtower was long-forgotten.

Users should be advised this is a hack, not a fix.

for now i’m not running watchtower, as I don’t feel it essential.

Thanks,

That’s the true solution and the one the development team envisioned when it made Supervisor detect problematic containers.

1 Like