Cant update to 2022.8.1 from 2022.8.0 - system is not healthy

Hi All,

I tried to update from 2022.8.0 to 2022.8.1, however, i get an error that says “failed to call service update/install. Error updating home assistant core.update” blocked from execution, system is not healthy."

Is my tenant corrupt? Do i need to do a restore?

Any helps is appreciated.

Anything in the logs that indicates what might be wrong?

Try settings → System → Repairs → Three dots in upper right corner → System Information → Scroll down to Home Assistant Supervisor

It should state unhealthy there and usually have a link to what the steps to repair is.

1 Like

Thank you both.

WallyR - that worked! It recommended i restart supervisor. A quick ‘ha supervisor restart’ terminal command and its fixed.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I am having the same problem: I am running docker controlling with Portainer and have tried restarting both supervisor and home-assistant. Thant has worked in the past but not this time.
Getting the following message:

[139832002340864] Error updating Ring-MQTT with Video Streaming: ‘AddonManager.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

Here is my current configuration.

## System Information

version | core-2022.9.7
-- | --
installation_type | Home Assistant Supervised
dev | false
hassio | true
docker | true
user | root
virtualenv | false
python_version | 3.10.5
os_name | Linux
os_version | 5.10.0-15-amd64
arch | x86_64
timezone | America/Los_Angeles
config_dir | /config

<details><summary>Home Assistant Community Store</summary>

GitHub API | ok
-- | --
GitHub Content | ok
GitHub Web | ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining | 4988
Installed Version | 1.27.1
Stage | running
Available Repositories | 1118
Downloaded Repositories | 1

</details>

<details><summary>Home Assistant Supervisor</summary>

host_os | Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
-- | --
update_channel | stable
supervisor_version | supervisor-2022.10.0
agent_version | 1.2.2
docker_version | 20.10.17
disk_total | 467.0 GB
disk_used | 21.8 GB
healthy | failed to load: Unhealthy
supported | failed to load: Unsupported
supervisor_api | ok
version_api | ok
installed_addons | Node-RED (13.4.0), Duck DNS (1.15.0), AppDaemon 3 (5.0.1), Bluetooth BCM43xx (ResinOS) (2.3), Dropbox Sync (1.3.0), Lovelace Migration (0.3.0), Mosquitto broker (6.1.3), SSH & Web Terminal (12.0.2), File editor (5.4.1), TasmoAdmin (0.20.0), Samba Backup (5.1.2), Z-Wave JS UI (1.1.0), Z-Wave JS (0.1.74), Ring-MQTT with Video Streaming (5.0.3)

</details>

<details><summary>Dashboards</summary>

dashboards | 2
-- | --
resources | 1
views | 14
mode | storage

</details>

<details><summary>Recorder</summary>

oldest_recorder_run | October 13, 2022 at 1:42 AM
-- | --
current_recorder_run | October 14, 2022 at 5:16 PM
estimated_db_size | 190.07 MiB
database_engine | sqlite
database_version | 3.38.

</details>

Solved my problem. Found that supervisor did not like PORTAINER. I went into docker and stopped PRTAINER then restarted supervisor and updated and all worked. Then restarted portainer.

I’m not sure why the OPs system was unhealthy since they didn’t share. But for yours the answer is simple - it’s unhealthy because you are running portainer. Gonna just quote my own post since I explained it elsewhere:

1 Like

Thanks Bud. Portainer was the offending container in my case as well. I can´t believe you posted this just 15 hours ago. This community is incredible!!
I have now installed portainer-agent on the HA hosts (supervisor seems to be ok with it) and manage it from portainer in another host (open media vault).

Same thing here. Stopped portioner and rebooted supervisor and update allowed again! Thanks guys a lot!

For what it is worth I have had the same error message updating from 2022.10.2 to 2022.10.3. Simply restarting hassio_supervisor in the list of containers within Portainer corrected this. No need to remove Portainer.

(Currently running Home Assistant 2022.10.4 Supervisor 2022.10.0 Frontend 20221010.0 - latest on a RPi4)

It says on the Home assistant site:

"the first thing you should try is to restart the Supervisor.
This can also be done with the CLI, by running the following command:

ha supervisor restart"

How do i access the CLI / how do i run this command, i am still a bit of a noob and dont understand how to get to the command line.
Thanks for the help in advance.

1 Like