Can't upgrade past 84.6? [SOLVED]

So I tried upgrading, again and I’m stuck at 84.6. No errors, not notifications, nada.

Is there something I missed?

EDIT: So it seems I’ve upgraded but HA refuses to display the proper version in the UI. Not sure the issue.

What installation method and how do you update?

venv, the normal pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

it updated last night, I assumed it would go on up to most recent but it didn’t. 84.6 broke a bunch of stuff in my house and I don’t won’t to downgrade but would rather move up.

I think i don’t have to ask you for the venv to activate before.

The update runs and after restart no new version?
Maybe multiple hass installations?

ok… Checking the actual version on the command line it shows 89.2 but the UI shows 84.6… so it seems I have upgraded… weird.

What if you start this version on the command line?

It still shows 84.6 even after restart.

Go to configuration -> General and stop the running HA.
Then on the command line with the veny activated, run hass.
It should start the 0.89.2 version

If you are in a venv you first need to be logged in as the user who installed homeassistant. , notmally the homeassistant user

You then need to enter the venv, normally source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
You shoulr probably stop homeassistant before upgrading, normally
systemctl stop home-assistant@homeassistant
You should then be able to run pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant
Then restart home assistant, normally systemctl start home-assistant@homeassistant
After verifying the version, you may need to reboot to be sure all your customizations are loaded properly.

Yeah, I’ve been doing the same upgrade process for the past 2 years. This is the first time I’ve ever had this issue.

Chrome browser can be a pain about caching. Could you have a browser caching issue? Try a different browser or clearing your browser cache.

different browser, incognito all show the same. Restart has hung though so I’m pretty sure even though I already upgraded its finally finalizing the process. Makes no sense considering the times I restarted yesterday working on things. Honestly looks like a one time fluke.