Carbon footprint sensor?

It is not moving much at all - I have my real time emission measures in place and track externally still for Scope 1,2 and 3 (spreadsheet).

I was planning on coming back to this at some stage though.

My next basic goal is to set up a homeplate/inkplate dashboard and after that is done and I can share dashboards around the house I will come back to this to display emissions on those boards.

How, and what, are you tracking here? As another reason for pausing this (other than plain old busy life getting in the way) was I couldnā€™t find a nice place using home assistant for a manual ā€œloggerā€ (e.g. after a purchase putting a CO2EQ value in to track).

As getting a good way to track scope 2 and 3 emissions in this one place on home assistant is a goal for me (scope 1 emissions are zero for us but Iā€™d love to make that easily visible for all folks for all emissions).

Hi @ryanfobel, This looks very nice. Can you share the details to get this dashboard set up?

Appreciated,

Thanks

Did you ever find out - as I too would be interested - how to ā€˜augmentā€™ the default energy dashboard ?

1 Like

Hi @brodykenrick ,

Could you share how you ā€˜augmentedā€™ the home assistantā€™s energy dashboard to have the emissions cards for graph & values?

I am currently working on a custom integration that fetches electricity & gas data, as well as their respective carbon measured in KG. Iā€™ve got it all setup now (have different sensor entities for each metric), and I am able to display the gas & electricity, but I donā€™t know how to display the carbon within my energy dashboard.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert.

2 Likes

Also very interested in getting this working on my install.

( in fact I rasied an enhancement request Add carbon footprint to energy dashboard just before finding this thread :slight_smile: )

1 Like