Card Grid !important

Regarding the Card Grid topic, the horizontal settings (the width) should be considered differently: instead of setting a number of columns, a divisor of the total width should be adjustable. To display cards side by side, you want to display one, two, three, or even four cards next to each other. So you want to set 1/1, ½, ⅓, or ¼. This way, three columns would also be possible.

It is possible now.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 17-03-10 Administration – Home Assistant

Or did you mean the section view. That is possible too:

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 17-05-08 Administration – Home Assistant

Sorry not to be clear.

grafik

In the cards you only have 4 columns. Or it is possible in 2024.8?

I don’t mean the “Grid Card” i mean the grids from the Layout Tab of the cards. (I’m not an english native speaker)

I think Ulrich is pointing to another flaw in new Sections dashboard; while you can specify number of columns, their width is somehow predefined instead of utilizing entire width of dashboard. So while you have 4 columns it might take entire dashboard width, while if you have 2, it will occupy only ~60% (depends on your screen). So instead of specyfying how many columns of fixed width you want it would be better to specify into how many columns you want to divide entire width (1/1, 1/2, 1/3 etc).
Obviously it would need to go in pair with some minimu width of section, as havin fixed 4 columns on mobile device probably doe not make sense…

That depends on the underlying (not visible) grid that the whole section view is based on. You can’t change the width of that or drag and drop breaks. Watch the dashboard live streams.