Carrier Air Conditioner Wifi Controller

Hi,

I just bought a wifi controller for my Carrier Air Conditioner systems in my house. The air conditioners work fine with google home, but I wanted to know if there is maybe a configuration on how to integrate the air conditioner into Home Assistant. My end goal is to have all our air conditioners in our house on the Homekit app through Home Assistant.

If anyone can help me it will be really appreciated.

1 Like

I’m sitting in the same boat, did you perhaps stumble across something yet?

No, sorry still looking for answersâ€Ķ

We found a solution. Using Local access instead of cloud access

Have Fun, it works great

2 Likes

For those still seeking a solution without jumping thru the “fake-cloud and or decrypting keys” hoops: GitHub - georgezhao2010/midea_ac_lan: Auto-configure and then control your Midea M-Smart devices (Air conditioners, Water heaters, Washers, Dryers, etc) via local area network.

This now supports even the tough to integrate OSK103 sticks, which previously had me resort to using custom soldered ESP-based solutions (which also work like a charm btw)

If you wish to have true local only however, the wisest choice would to go for the ESP-based sticks, and ditch the (rather expensive in comparison, carrier-wifi-sticks)

Has anyone been able to get this to work? The Integration can’t find my AC unit on the LAN nor does it find it when I put in the IP Address.

Hi @ReLexEd

Where could I find more info about “ESP-based solutions”?

From your words I understand that is a method cheaper than buying the OSK103 stick, but with only LAN access, isn’t it?

Thanks

Same boat.

Three Carrier AC’s
Cassette: Inverter X Power (paid a small fortune for the wifi wall control unit)
Splits: X-Inverter II x2 (built in wifi these units)

Have to use two Carrier apps grr as the cassette cant be found in the other one.

Solving this would be ideal.

PS> New to Home Asisstant (and this community) HI Everyone :blush:

//Aussie living in Thailand. AC controls are very important krub hahaha

I got it working by using a different integration, however my units are terrible at connecting to the internet, so not sure if the issue is with the integration or the fact the units never seem to stay connected to wifi.

The Integration I used was Carrier Infinity if you want to give it a shot

1 Like

Thanks for that tip, but unfortunately wasn’t the avenue that worked for me.
The AC units sold in Thailand are made in Thailand specifically for the SE Asia market (no heating and a different power consumption etc)

The domestic units for carrier are made by Toshiba and after reading some Thai forums the Toshiba app works for the splits with wifi and there’s an existing integration HA that connects really really easily! :sunglasses:

So I have solved my splits problem but not the ceiling cassette, yet. It’s a commercial unit and wifi controller is a add-on product that is definitely not made by Toshiba and is a dedicated carrier app totally different to the domestic ones (both Toshiba home AC and Carrier in the air apps)

I plug away at it and see how I go. Have gotten most of the house into HA now so will loop back and spend more time on it and report back.

Thanks for the response mate, it helped me explore further to solve it :+1::ok_hand::grin:

Sorry it wasn’t more help, never thought the country would be an issue. Hopefully you can figure out a way to make it work!

I have 2 Carrier X-Inverter Plus Acs with WIFI built in and was struggling to make it work. Was communicating with Carrier for 9 months persuading them to open API but with no luck.
Their mobile app is laggy and unusable, the remote for these ACs is the worst that you could see in your life(don’t want to go into the details right now).

But now they are fully integrated into my Home Assistant system thanks to this Thai guy and his YouTube/blog.

Basically you need to install Toshiba app instead of Carrier app. They are exact clones of each other even updates are synced. (not sure if they are available for other countries or just for Thailand)

And then go to HACS and install Toshiba integration and this is it.
Not only I can control my ACs - I can set specific modes like Silent Outdoor unit or see the power consumption. And it is very responsive: if I click a button on a physical remote - I get updated temperature in the Home Assistant within a second.

Hope this helps someone.

Here are the links for Thai AppStore
Carrier In The Air:

Toshiba Home AC Control (don’t mistake it with TOSHIBA AC Control which is old and does not work)

Oh, I see that you have already solved it and replied about it before and I just posted the same solution that you mentioned.
I should have read more carefully. But I have provided a detailed solution with links so won’t delete it - maybe it will help anyone.

But I think I have a solution for ceiling cassette AC which has a separate Carrier app so want to share this too since you mentioned that you haven’t solved your cassette AC integration yet.

It is not a perfect integration but what I really need is to turn it on in the morning and turn it off in the evening.

So I have attached an action in Home Assistant to sunrise to turn it on and 10pm to turn it off.

I have modified my /config/configuration.yaml with File Editor and added this to it

shell_command:
    cassete_off: 'curl -X GET "x.x.x.x/aircon/set_control_info?stemp=22&pow=0"'
    cassete_on: 'curl -X GET "x.x.x.x/aircon/set_control_info?stemp=22&pow=1"'

And then with a button or an automation you call “service” shell_command.cassete_off or shell_command.cassete_on

Like that you can change the temperature or fan mode or other parameters too. if you like I can help you more with the parameters.

And wow, we are in exact same boat :I have the exact same amount and types of Carrier AC as you and also living in Thailand.

Actually I haven’t installed the second wall AC for 9 months and was waiting for Carrier to help me with integration or throw out this AC and install Daikin.
Because in 2023 all ACs should have Smart Home capability, not just a laggy unresponsive app, done by a junior mobile developer. wtf.
But decided to finally install it now and few days later googled the solution by accident and got it working.
(and at the same time updated my Daikin Zetas firmware so cannot use it with Home Assistant anymore so probably will replace it with Carrier X-Inverter model now that it works with HA). So this is actually a “2 steps forward 1 step back” kind of situation for me but it’s ok.

I have Zigbee 3-button remotes Tuya Smartlife ZigBee Remote āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āļ„āļ­āļ™āđ‚āļ—āļĢāļĨ āđāļšāļš 3 āļ›āļļāđˆāļĄ āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āļ—āļđāļĒāđˆāļē āļŠāļąāđˆāļ‡āļ‡āļēāļ™āđ„āļ”āđ‰ 9 āđāļšāļš āļ„āļ§āļšāļ„āļļāļĄāļœāđˆāļēāļ™āđāļ­āļžāļžāļĨāļīāđ€āļ„āļŠāļąāđˆāļ™ Tuya smartlife Zigbee Wall Remote Switch āļŠāļ§āļīāļ•āļŠāđŒāļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āđ„āļĢāđ‰āļŠāļēāļĒ āļŠāļ§āļīāļ—āļŠāđŒ 3 āļ›āļļāđˆāļĄ āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āļ„āļ­āļ™āđ‚āļ—āļĢāļĨāđ„āļĢāđ‰āļŠāļēāļĒ āļŠāļ§āļīāļ•āļŠāđŒāļœāļ™āļąāļ‡ āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āļžāļāļžāļēāđ„āļ”āđ‰ āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āđ„āļĢāđ‰āļŠāļēāļĒ āļĢāļĩāđ‚āļĄāļ—āļ—āļđāļĒāđˆāļē āļŠāļąāđˆāļ‡āļ‡āļēāļ™āđ„āļ”āđ‰ 9 āđāļšāļš
So much amazing stuff can be done with them. Most of Zigbee stuff is Tuya cloud but works fine with local Zigbee device plugged into Home Assistant.

For example I have one remote like this in my bedroom.
One click of the middle button turns on AC for 5 minutes . Double tap on a middle button turns it into high power mode. Multiple clicks/double clicks adds 5 more minutes.Long press stops all timers and turns AC off.
Click on button 1 or 3 (because you don’t need to know which is which when you just woke up and can use any of these buttons) toggles soft lighting, double click on them toggles full light.

The possibilities of home automation are endless with Home Assistant, Zigbee devices and other smart devices. I think that you should not spend time opening device apps or using device remotes when you can automate things better and not think when it is not required.

Have a good day!

FYI for anyone who may encounter this thread. I managed to setup this split system AC: Carrier ALLURE PLUS 42QHG035N8-1 3.5kW Wall Split System Air Conditioner

The steps I undertook were:

• Use the midea_ac_lan integration.
  • Configured the AC on the SmartHome app instead of the Carrier App. It seems Midea is the parent company of Carrier/Toshiba/othersâ€Ķ listed in the integration docs.
  • Setup the integration and followed the on-screen instructions.
  • Assigned static IP address to the devices so the integration keeps functioning across router/device restart.