Greetings,
None of the topic categories seemed quite right (no Music Assistant nor SendSpin), so I put it here because that’s what the hardware is. Feel free to reassign elsewhere if need be.
I bought a handful of the Apollo Automation’s CAST-1’s:-
https://apolloautomation.com/products/cast-1-audio-casting-device
I’m very pleased with them and I could write a long post on all the reasons. But that’s not this post. ![]()
Here’s my one issue and I’m wondering if anyone else knows a fix for this.
If for any reason, I restart Music Assistant - whether that’s restarting the service, upgrading Music Assistant, or upgrading/rebooting Home Assistant - the CAST-1’s simply do NOT ever come back online until I manually reboot them.
The devices are still on the network. I can still ping them and open up their webpage. As far as I can tell, this isn’t a CAST-1 problem so much as it is that Home Assistant / Music Assistant seems to just never repoll for those Sendspin devices. I’ve got other music players, and some take a few minutes after a reboot to reconnect, but they all do except the CAST-1’s. (I should mention that these are the only Sendspin devices I have so I don’t entirely know if it’s a Sendspin issue with CAST-1’s or all Sendspin devices.)
I’ve got two wireless CAST-1’s and two using the ethernet plug add-on. They all do it.
Anyone know what’s going on? I don’t even know where to start with troubleshooting because it’s when the Music Assistant service restarts it’s like it just doesn’t even try to find the Sendspin CAST-1 players so there’s nothing at all in the logs that seems interesting.
Thanks!