Cast and re-cast a lovelace view to a Google Hub

love this, have it set so when i enter my city it turns on and casts my alarm dashboard to it so it is active and ready for me to deactivate the alarm the moment i get into the house.

is it possible to run a black background?

2 Likes

Hello everybody,
i still use the Cast since 3 Month and i love it.
But since a few days i have the problem that everytime
cast will re-cast (every 9 min) i get a pling on my Google Hub.
The Volume is 0 and the alarm too.
thats realy Annoying every 9 min pling
have anybody the same problem and is there a solution?

Thanks for the help and sunny greatings

Diver

Hi I would also like the dark theme back
Or for it to automatically set light or dark ?

1 Like

Have you found a Way to navigate thru The views?

1 Like

Hi

Have used the Google Nest Hub and Homeassistant for a while now and the 10 minutes refresh on the cast have been working good. But lately it seems like the Google Nest Hub now do the automatically change to picture frame after 30 seconds instead. Have anyone else notice this? It happens when running cast from Home Assistant and CATT as well but if I cast a website from Chrome browser it stays on and the picture frame is not interrupting the cast.

My firmware version on Nest Hub is: 1.52.260996

1 Like

Same problem here!

First, they put a 10 minutes time-out, and now this.

Wtf Google!

2 Likes

Same here… within 30 seconds. It instantly renders my nest hubs useless…
I really really hate that Google constantly changes their software and never give the user the opportunity to disable certain ‘features’

I don’t know what to do next, they were perfect for a HA display and knowing google this will never revert back so probably there is need for another display solution

1 Like
2021-07-10 20:00:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.tiene_attivo_schermo_cucina] Continua a visualizzare percorso su google hub cucina Blueprint: Already running

Thanks for share it! however, can you explain why the automation says “Already running”?
thanks

Anyone having any issues with this suddenly? Mine worked for months. I can see it changing the volume, so its sorta working - but no actual casting.

3 Likes

Same here, been trying to figure it out for a few days but since casting and trying to play something from ha does not work it seems to be either something related to the cast plugin or the latest hub update.
Normal browser cast works tho …

Mine stopped working after the Nest Hub updated to Fuscha (or whatever they call their latest release).

It seems as mentioned in other threads that the Google API has a function to disable the timeout. Would be nice to see if that works or not.

1 Like

Any idea if this is being tracked anywhere? I don’t see a thread or Github issue on it.

I created a Github issue for this, if anyone else is interested in tracking it

Google Cast stopped working within the last couple of weeks · Issue #53882 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

2 Likes

Same issue here… works great on a chromecast but on a nest it stops and goes back to the picture frame…

1 Like

I have two identical Nest’s. One works fine, the other one goes back to the picture frame after about 30 seconds. I am unable to find a difference between the two Blueprint automations. Edit: the working Nest Hub is not having Fuchsia yet, so Fuchsia seems to be the issue.

Same here. Happy to get this working via Blueprint, yet cannot change the white background.

1 Like

Wish I had read this full thread before messing with themes first. Anyone figure out how to get dark background for the cast?

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any option to stop casting when the google hub is going to DND ?

I hope someone sees what I’m missing. I read all posts 1001 times and for most the issues seem to be in the path. But I don’t get HA to connect to my Google Home.

The Google(Nest Hub) Home says:
not connected
error unable to connect to the home assistant WebSocket API

many thanks