Cast and re-cast a lovelace view to a Google Hub

Hello. Your blueprint is very cool but sometimes my nest hub is stucked at the connected screen.
Does anyone has a solution?

Hello as posted before the path should only be “tablet-dashboard” the rest comes from the cast.home-assistant.com stuff. That’s why there is this preconditions.

I cannot navigate to other views using a button card and the “navigate” action, like this:

- type: button
  tap_action:
    action: navigate
    navigation_path: lampor
  show_name: false
  entity: group.lights
  icon: 'mdi:lightbulb-group'
  hold_action:
    action: toggle
  show_state: false

Nothing happens when pushing the lamp icon. It works fine in a regular browser.

As per the Cast docs, you have to use Cast entity row to navigate between views.

1 Like

Have You been able to solve this? Im kind of Lost can You help me?

I find a way tĂ´ navigate from views thru cast scripts, but problem is that sometimes the script runs right away others it takes minutes to change the view, anyone knows whats happening?

hello everybody,
i have a problem, to cast my lovelace to my nest hub.

I can cast it from https://cast.home-assistant.io/
to my hub.

But if i try to use the blueprint i alway geht a error.
mayby you can help me what i do wrong.

here are some screenshots.

2021-03-03 09_32_58-Mac Fred - TeamViewer 2021-03-03 09_34_37-Mac Fred - TeamViewer

Hi @diver77, the view path of the view you want to cast (nest hub in your case) can be obtained from the Overview section of HA, by clicking the edit icon on the view (the pencil), same popup where you can change the name of the view. I’m guessing it’s something like nest_hub.
The dashboard is normally lovelace by default if you have not changed it on your configuration, which I doubt.

Hello Emanuel
you are the best.
yiiiieeeppiiieeee it works.
one last question. Does anybody know if there is a posibility to get a clock on one half of the screen.
Something like this:

oh i forgot to say i didn´t have a Lovelace.yaml in my configuration.
thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.

rainy greatings from the allgäu

diver

1 Like

im casting the alarm panel to nest hub , but is there a way to resize/scale up my lovelace/alarm panel

1 Like

So I have this set up however when It connects it gets stuck at a black screen with the cast logo.

This blueprint based automations seems to have stopped working on 2021.04.

On my Lenovo display, I see the turn_off and turn_on flashes, then a quick flash of white for the HA Cast splashscreen and then nothing. Screen goes back to idle showing photos. Finally, I get the unmute status pop-up so I know the automation has finished running.

Anyone else seeing this on 2021.04?

edit: As kind3r said, multiple restart later, it’s back to working as expected. Thanks!

I have also experienced some wierd issues but it went back to normal after a reboot of both HA and the Hub

Thanks for this awesome blueprint. It works great, but it is still annoying to see the volume change and re-cast switching every 9 minutes. I guess this question will be rhetorical, but I guess this is the best workaround yet? I would think that changing the volume on the Hub would be enough to understand we are still ‘using’ the screen. Other media like Netflix seem to make it possible to keep the hub alive, so I hope in the future there won’t be re-casting needed. I hope Google will someday disable the automatic picture frame or make an option of it.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

1 Like

I have problem with authenticating on https://cast.home-assistant.io/ , I have https and HA is accessible from internet, the base URL is put in config->general. After i put in my credentials, i get “unable to connect”

Can anyone help?

is there a way to switch it to a dark theme?

3 Likes

also i’ve noticed this has the same issue as normal casting. where it says it cant find the path. a workaround for it is to cast an invalid path and then a few seconds later cast with the correct path. anyway to add that to this? i’ve tried and doesnt seem to take my changes

1 Like

i have a similar situation, i can’t upload dark theme. Can it be changed somehow? Previously, the dark theme loaded automatically

1 Like

love this, have it set so when i enter my city it turns on and casts my alarm dashboard to it so it is active and ready for me to deactivate the alarm the moment i get into the house.

is it possible to run a black background?

2 Likes