I have created a morning dashboard that includes the following items:

• Time & date
  • Forecast, weather
  • Display of the rain on a map
  • Sleeping statitics
  • Daily news from a live YouTube channel
  • Outside and Inside Temperature chart
  • Main task to do during the day based on my microsoft to do tasks
  • Evolution of my stock market (via yahoo finance api)
  • My daily agenda fetched from outlook and google
  • Local daily news from rss subscription

The display is very good on my computer screen (as seen above), unfortunately on my TV screen (via google TV chromecast), it doesn’t fit as well. I display the dashboard using the app TV BRO (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phlox.tvwebbrowser&hl=fr&gl=US) available on chromecast. Its a web browser.
Does anyone have an idea on how to optimize the display and ajust it so that it fits my screen?
Thanks a lot !

Why not cast directly from HA to your Chromecast device? (and not using the TV BRO app)

Hello, It doesn’t work in a stable way unfortunately. It was the first solution I tried but it didn’t meet my requirements.

Hi,

I have used the Dashboard Screensaver App to display dashboards on my Nvidia Shield (more info from the developer here). It works okay for me. It might render your dashboard in a more appealing way.

I am looking for a way to display a dashboard on my TV and also control the dashboard with the d-pad on my remote so I can trigger automations and such. So far nothing I have not found anything that offers d-pad control. Do you know if TV Bro does?

Thanks

Hello,
What do you exactly mean by D-pads? I tested TV Bro just to be able to use it a as a chromecast webbrowser. For now it does the job exepts for the sizing of my lovelace (too big font size). It doesn’t offer more control than with the google tv remote

I use Odin Browser. The only way to have a normal size of cards and font sizes on Sony Google TV. But I have another issue. I can’t do automation with the android SDK command to open the right Lovelace.

I did this on my television with the standard HA Cast. Works fine. My problem is that at the same time I tried to play a radiostation and that didn’t work. Are you using sound at the same time as well?

I play a radio station on a lenovo smart clock on my bedside, I’ll try again the cast function, maybe it didn’t work correctly… Are you using the following service?

Yes, I do.
If, in the action part of the automation, I put the radiostation on top then the cast screen. It starts the radio, stops it again and shows the cast screen.
If I do it the other way around then it shows the cast screen for a short moment and then starts the radio.
I guess this is expected behavior because the automation does his taks in the order it’s given in the automation.
I need to find a way to send the sound and the cast screen simultaneously.

Wouldn’t it be easiest to connect a RaPi to an input of the TV and make the Dashboard available via it? It certainly could be an old Pi.
You would only need a usable Rasp. App.
Chrome Browser & Kiosk Mode?
Christian

I’am such an idiot. Sure - there is an easy way. Just autostart HA Kiosk on an cheap RaPi.
Not sure if a zero is good enough.
But will give it a try.
Cheers
Christian