CatGenie A.I

The CatGenie is an automatic self-washing litter box for your Catto.

In late 2019 they released a new version of their product which they call “CatGenie A.I.”
It has an app that you pair with it to receive information about your cat’s bowel movements (and notifications about being out of cleaning solution I suppose are important, too).

Could an integration for this service be created?

I would like to figure this out, as well!

Does CatGenie have a public API?

3 Likes

I’m just checking to see if anyone has made any traction on this. It sounds like Litter Robot has an integration, so I’m not sure why Cat Genie would not want to compete and make an api available to leverage in this case.

1 Like

Any update on this? Thanks!

I am thinking not; but I would love to be wrong.

Just an update to those that might be following, I’m currently working on a beta version of an integration that will, for now, pull sensor data from this vendors API. The integration is promising as I’m getting data back. The first iteration of this integration will be just reading data as sensors. This will allow for HA automation to run task/notifications based on sensor data. (Automation based on low SaniSolution levels, if the CatGenie is in a Cycle, or what mode it’s currently setup with)

I’ll keep everyone posted, but I’m close and will post a link to the code once I have it fleshed out.

2 Likes

CatGenie A.I. by Petnovations Integration Version 1.1.1 released here:

1 Like

With this integration, I’m able to place more information on my Hub Dashboard showing what mode, how many cycles remain, and when the last run occured. (Ignore the catgenie picture image itself, as I know this image is from the older ‘CatGenie’. The sensors are in-fact for the CatGenie A.I.)