CC2652 from slae.sh

Total ignore any support request from slaesh side - nor telegram nor contact form on the webside. Looks like fraud to me - sell bad quality item and not respond on any support channels. Looking at github issues Issues · slaesh/cc2652-stick · GitHub - people trying to reach out even there without any luck.
Do not recommend using

1 Like

@mrz0diac Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear you have such bad experience. For me it took 2 weeks to get the stick and for me it’s working great. Hope you have more luck with another stick.

I also have had a bad experience with slea’s stick.
I ordered 3 times before (Without any problems, excepting the delay everyone talks about).
The last 3 products where fine, nicely packed with some Haribo candy :wink:
Last time i ordered, I ordered 2 sticks. But only one stick was send to me. I tried contacting Sascha Ehlers on Telegram (the preferred way of Sasha), but after 2 months still no answer.

I tried sending him an email, also without any response.
Then I tried sending him a message trough his Slea’s website form. (also no response).

I paid with PayPal, so I contacted Paypal to get my money back. I had to fill in some forms and 1 day after I contacted PayPal, Sasha responded directly to PayPal(Why can’t he response directly to his own customers?) with a print screen from the DHL website with the signature(the proof I accepted the package).

After about a week PayPal said I must go to the police and send the police report to the PayPal case website, I was on vacation and couldn’t do that. So they closed the dispute.

Sasha won the case

I heard many others have had similar problems with Sasha(not responding, not sending out the orders, etc.)

So if you want to order a cc2652 stick from Slea(Sasha). Know that you don’t get any support (sometimes not even the product).

It is like gambling…

Just a quick note to say mine arrived within a few days and worked as advertised.

I have no skin in the game - other than being a complete HA noob who bought dongle from slae.sh and was pleasantly surprised it all just worked.

I wouldn’t want others to miss out if it’s DHL logistics thing…

My CC2652 worked flawlessly with Zigbee2MQTT for a while (and for the record, I received it a few days after ordering, being located in Germany probably helped…), but one day I replaced the USB extension cord connecting it to my Rpi4 and it has been giving me errors ever since. Z2M’s log says

Zigbee2MQTT:error 2021-09-01 15:26:33: Error while starting zigbee-herdsman
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2021-09-01 15:26:33: Failed to start zigbee
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2021-09-01 15:26:33: Check | Zigbee2MQTT for possible solutions
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2021-09-01 15:26:33: Exiting…
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2021-09-01 15:26:34: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of null
at AdapterNvMemory.init (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/z-stack/adapter/adapter-nv-memory.ts:28:42)
at ZnpAdapterManager.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/z-stack/adapter/manager.ts:60:9)
at Controller.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/controller.ts:123:29)
at Zigbee.start (/app/lib/zigbee.js:67:27)
at Controller.start (/app/lib/controller.js:106:27)
at start (/app/index.js:94:5)

User interface is reporting a “502 - Bad Gateway” whenever I try to access it. Any idea what’s going on here? I’ve tried switching back to the original USB extension, but to no avail.

Hi @sebathue
Could you solve this issue? I’m getting a similar error from one day to another.
I even completly reinstalled HomeAssistant with all plugins and am still getting this error.
Probably broken stick?

This error is solved by flashing the firmware on the stick again.

Thanks for your reply. For me it was an “Cannot read property ‘length’ of null” error but reflashing also solved this problem. Hopefully a reflash isn’e necessary to often.