CCTV Cameras

Good day
Can anyone assist me to help with the coding for my cctv cameras since there are not a integration for my pvr. Is there a way to load my cctv through coding. The the pvr are on my network.

We are going to need a LOT more information about your setup. (also, change the thread category to ‘configuration’)

Thanks, what information do you need

The brand and model of the PVR and brand and model of the cameras would be a good start. :wink:

Pvr name: SecurityMate, digital video recorder.
System: V4.02.R11.85131142.11001.132000.00000

And what about the cameras?

Have you checked if they have an RTSP stream, or if the PVR provides an RTSP stream for the cameras. That would be a good place to start.

Yes they have RTSP stream.
The cameras I am using now are Hikvision Turbo HD
Model DS-2CE16D0T-IRF

OK great. If you can grab the RTSP stream for each camera, you can view in HA using the generic camera, like this.

- platform: generic
  name: Back Yard Stream
  still_image_url: http://USERNAME:[email protected]:5013/dms?nowprofileid=0
  stream_source: rtsp://USERNAME:[email protected]:554/live1.sdp

Thanks will try this

Hikvision cameras support ONVIF so just enable that in the camera settings (you have to turn it on and create a user and password) then you can use the HA integration for ONVIF. I have Hikvision cameras setup like that and they work great.

I just Googled those cameras… mate, do yourself a favour and get new cameras, those are last decades technology, at best. They are analogue cameras and DVR.

New Hikvision IP cameras are brilliant and will interface with HA very nicely. Likewise with their NVR’s.

If you are really lucky you might be able to bring a stream into HA from the recorder… but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Sorry.

1 Like

Yes I also think I must buy me a Hikvision pvr.
We have integrated a hikvision at my friends house through ONVIF , the only problem we having are there is about a 6-8 second delay on life feed. Can you advise what the problem can be.
On hikvision app there are no delay

You will want a NVR, not PVR.

The delay is caused by the stream: Integration in HA. You can disable this Integration by removing default_config: from your configuration.yaml file, but be warned you will need to manually add back in all the other Integrations that are normally included in default_config. This is what I have done. The other downside of doing this is you lose the ability to get HA to re-stream the feed to another device such as a Google Hub / ChromeCast.

Thanks for the info

Or use the webrtc add-on

A question -
I have a bunch of Analogue cameras I need to integrate. I see rack devices that will take a bunch of analogue streams and turn them into a network output. If I run HA on a server which has a spare PCI slot, is it possible to get an NVR card, and then take this output directly and integrate and use e.g. Frigate, or will I be making myself nightmares and asking for trouble.
I see that there are NVR cards which have Linux drivers…

I know everyone will say “replace the cameras, it is old tech” - it isn’t so much the cost of the cameras as the cost of the scaffolding to replace them back, so trying to find an economical way around for the time being.