Recommended survilliance camera

Use a picture-entity card and select the camera entity. Set the camera_view: live option.

Your best chance at doing this is to add the NAS in an iframe card.

Thanks,
But how do I add the camera to HASS? In configuration? an integration?
Couldnā€™t find a solution for this.

Yes, add it as a ONVIF camera

I just searched that model (sorry, I should have done that previously), it doesnā€™t support ONVIF so you will need to set it up as a ā€˜genericā€™ IP cam using the RTSP stream.

Actually, managed to add it with ONVIF integration, port 8000.
The problem now - the stream is not fluent and it has a delay of several seconds

You will need to disable the stream: component to remove the delay.

Or use the webrtc add-on

It works.
Thanks

Please donā€™t bring discussion over politics to this community and try to keep it pristine.

Calling a discussion stupid is not keeping the community pristine, itā€™s simply petty. Your sensibilities are not my concern. Iā€™m answering the question and what plays into the question is where the camera and itā€™s parts are manufactured.

2 Likes

Well itā€™s certainly better than bringing personal political view to to a thread discussing ā€œcamera modelsā€ in a ā€œtechnicalā€ forum. Go to Reddit, pls.

Again, no itā€™s not. Itā€™s relevant to the decision making process. Good grief donā€™t be so obtuse and touchy.

I would think it goes against your supposed desire to keep things ā€œpristineā€ (whatever that means in terms of a discussionā€¦) by coming here 13 days after the last post and 2 months after the post you thought was ā€œoffensiveā€ just to berate that member for voicing their opinion on why they chose the hardware they did while literally offering nothing to contribute to the discussion on the topic of the thread.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not a native English speaker here, so pristine might not be the best word to use. But Iā€™m tired of seeing people spreading their political view in a totally inappropriate place(and I pretty enjoyed this community before). If someone wants to review a camera, sure please. List their pros and cons, if itā€™s worth the price, etc. In the case above, I canā€™t even remotely understand how CCP is related to the camera or its manufacture.

As to how I found this ticket, thereā€™s a feature called search.

Iā€™m not gonna follow this thread anymore as itā€™s going towards a rabbit hole.

But I do apology for using the word stupid.

Because the CCP is the manufacturer of these cameras. Both Dahua and Hikvision are state owned and are controlled by high ranking party officials. Youā€™re dealing with a ruthless totalitarian surveillance state that has a well established track record of using its exported technology to spy on individuals and companies. If you buy these cameras thereā€™s a chance a CCP official may be able to access it through a backdoor, unless you taking appropriate steps to lock them out. So while these cameras are good and cheap (subsidized), they come with a caveat that is important to know if you care about privacy and is part of the purchase decision.

6 Likes

Which you laid the groundwork forā€¦

Itā€™s not a political stance to oppose purchasing parts from a specific country. Itā€™s been proven before that smart home devices produced in in various parts of the world have backdoors, phone home, and monitor network traffic. Being cautious about a camera purchase based on itā€™s manufacture origin does not violate any COC.

From here on out, please keep to the topic at hand: Camera recommendations.

Thanks.

4 Likes

For night vision without IR activated, what do you recommend?
Edit: any thoughts on eufy 2 cam pro and the 2k video doorbell?

Hi Swifty,
could you please tell me do you still have the HILOOK cameras and are you able to link them to HA to detect motion/Line ect.

Iā€™m looking at buying the new colurvu turrets and would really like them to work with HA

I still have them but they are currently disconnected due to building work.
I did previously have them connected to HA via the native integration but ended up using frigate to integrate as I prefer the AI detection on that.

1 Like

If youā€™re looking for a cheap camera, this one works for me, it is suitable for outside use and comes with audio.
I use it together with MotionEye

ā‚¬ 28,67 32ļ¼… Off | ANRAN 1080P IP Camera Wireless Security Camera Outdoor HD Surveillance Night Vision Home Wifi Camera Metal Bullet Camera