CEC-scanner

Hi,
I recently had my tv working over hdmi-cec. Then I moved my setup to my living room and now I get the following error:

ERROR: [ 44] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 44] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 44] could not open a connection (try 1)

Now my question is, how do I run “tvservice -off”?
I run hassio and not hassbian and putty doesnt seem to work for hassio.
Please advise :heart:

Do you have the CEC Scanner add-on installed?

Yes its the addon that gives the error.
Ive tried to uninstall it, ive tried to switch hdmi cables/ports.
To no avail

The same here, how to fix?

Not going to be a satisfying answer but it resolved itself for me by doing an update a while back already.

I’m having the same problem here.
RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.

When I start the CEC Scanner Add-on it show this error in the log window 10 times

ERROR: [ 8116] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 8116] could not open a connection (try 9)
ERROR: [ 9116] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.

I’m using hassio and I have no idea how to run this tvservice --off

For me it helped to run sudo tvservice --off at the host pi (so not in the docker container), apparently it was occupying the HDMI port.

Did anybody already figured out how to run “tvservice -off” on hassio?

Via SSHserver it tells me: command not found

Hello and welcome to the community. Just like your self I’m also looking for the same solution.
If you did find it already please post it here.

Same here :frowning:
Running HassOS 3.9 on RPi2

works with 3.10 now!

same here after installinc this addon, raspi installaed from hass.io image so no ssh access. any solution? HassOS 3.13

Try rebooting the HASSIO and connect it directly to the TV. Apparently the HDMI port shuts off quickly after booting if not connected giving this error. Works for me.