Centurion D5 Smart

I recently go a Centurion D5 Smart sliding gate motor and the Centys Pro app you use to setup and monitor the motor actually has some very nice features, including the ability to trigger the motor, view batteries smart status or alerts, learn; enable and disable remotes.

So this would have been a nice source to tap in for HA integration, does anyone have any idea if this would be possible and how this would be accomplished seeing that the communication method to the motor is from Android or iOS via Bluetooth.
Putting the idea out there if anyone would be interested in this idea.

2 Likes

I sent a suggestion to Centurion, will see what they say. It should be possible using ESPHome BLE Client. Hopefully they are willing to add support.

2 Likes

Great, I hope this thread gets more attention and hopefully enough request the Centurion might look into this.

I now also have a Centurion sliding gate with a D5-Evo motor, doesnā€™t look like there is any communication interface available on this motor.
But it seems that there hasnā€™t been much progress in connecting Centurion motors to HA.

Did anyone have any luck integrating with Home Assistant? Iā€™ve recently had our garage system replaced with Centurion SD04 ā€œSmartā€ motors, and thereā€™s an app to operate with, but doesnā€™t seem to be available to integrate with Home Assistant

Unfortunately no success yet, in the app, they mention that it is in planning but with no dates. Please vote for the suggestion in the app, should help to get it implemented.

Someone managed to use a Wemos D1 to connect his D5 to Apple Homekit calling through MQTT

Yeah as nice as this is (I have done the same for my D5 Smart with a Sonoff SV)
The things that we are trying to get access to, is the whole D5 Smart sensors and features, like battery status, charge status, gate position, be able to maybe trigger pedestrian lights, maybe give and take remote (key fob) access. possibly even adjust settings like speed ramp, sensitivity etc.

3 Likes

Ahhh. Seen. Guess weā€™re stuck waiting for Centurion. That said Centurion D5 simple integration with Home Assistant - IOT (The internet of things) - Energy Talk this is the best result Iā€™ve seen so far. Waiting for my esps to come in to try my hand

I take it thereā€™s still been nothing from Centurion?

I received an email from Centurion after I requested the API, I was they do not provide this but some 3rd party integrations will be added soon.
I have found you can view the camera stream on port 88 of your opener IP

Iā€™ve just received a D5 smart motor as part of a new gate and as soon as I saw it was smart I thought, is this thing secure? And how can it work with HA?

Hmmm.

I have a D5 but not the smart modelā€¦ Iā€™m assuming mine isnā€™t compatible with the Pro app features, etc

did you try in app door/share? ā€˜share toā€™ write at the email/token field local@api