Change configuration on the fly

Hi, It is possible to change the configuration on the fly? For example, I want to have two modes of heating for my thermostat.

1. floor temp
  2. air temp.

So I need at GUI select “heating mode” and after select, I need to change the thermostat sensor entity. I can’t find any info about this in the documentation.

What do you mean with this?

Do you want a dropdown to select the mode and based on the mode it sets your climate entity to the desired temperature?

Which entity do you have now?

Example configuration.yaml entry

climate:

- platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Study
    heater: switch.study_heater
    target_sensor: sensor.study_temperature

I need change target_sensor entity

So you want to change

target_sensor: sensor.study_temperature

to e.g. this

target_sensor: sensor.office_temperature

?

If so, this is not possible. What are you trying to achieve, if I may ask?

I guess you could use templating or node red to create a sensor of which is updating from two different sources based on e.g. binary switch.

1 Like

I got two sensors in the room, one in the floor(concrete) to monitor floor temp, second at room (air).

My original thermostat got two modes of operation floor,air.

For example, if is a select floor mode, the heating is on until the floor gets to the desired temperature and then keep floor temperature of the floor to set values.

In air mode, the floor is heating until the air temperature gets to the desired temperature, etc.

I could be good for different room types, for example, the bathroom where you want to have a warm floor.

the templating with binary sensor should be the right way :slight_smile: thanks

You could have an input binary to select mode, it could then change the sensors it reads from and the set points at which it operates