Change from CORE to HASSIO

Hello everyone,

I bought a new raspberry for Home Assistant. On my “old” Raspberry HomeAssistant runs in CORE Installation, on my new one i will use HASSOS. Is it possible to take over all data ?
The CORE Installation Data is located at /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant
Is it possible to transfer the entire content to the new installation or is there something to consider or something different?
Does it make more sense to use the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of HASSOS ?
New raspberry is with 4GB RAM, i dont need the GPIO Support.

thank you in advance

Copy the contents of your configuration directory, including the hidden .storage sub-directory and its contents.

Be advised that the directories used to store configuration are different between Home Assistant Core (/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant) and Home Assistant OS (/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant).

1 Like

Thx, it works !
Home Assistant OS is great and so much better the the core Installation :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have tried this with only limited success. My MQTT lights and switches work. What I can’t seem to make work is my Honeywell Lyric T5 working with Home Kit Controller. Any ideas?

Review the documentation for homekit_controller.

It’s possible that the thermostat’s original pairing with the integration (when you first configured it to work with homekit_controller) must be deleted before it can be discovered by your new instance of the integration.