Change physical button behaviour MS-105B

So I have a few of these tuya dimmers and they are fine for me except for how they work when using a reset switch. Instead of alternating with each long push between decreasing light output and then on the next long push increasing they need to go to either 100% or 0% before they go the other way.

So if my light is at 50% and I want to use the switch to decrease it to 20% I have to wait for it to go up to 100% first and then start working its way down. And if I hold it for a bit to long I need to wait for it to reach 0% before it starts increasing the output again.

What I am wondering is if there is any easy way to change this behaviour or if I am stuck with this and need to get me other dimmers for my preferred behaviour?

I am willing to flash esphome or similar if that enables me to change this but would prefer not needing that at the moment.

I don’t think it supports esphome. There’s a WB2 chip inside instead of an esp. OpenBeken might support it, then changing switch behavior should be possible.

I’m looking into buying one myself, but I need it to work with traditional 2 gang rocker switch (for on / off only) with dimmer available through HA. I appreciate any help if someone has done anything similar.

@emilf44 I got the dimmer and I have bad news.

Even after changing the controller inside (from CB2S to ESP01) it’s impossible to easily change the button behavior. Switches are connected to the secondary mcu and aren’t exposed to the main IC.

There’s a suggestion that kuba2k2 made on discord. Basically you could connect the switches directly to the CB2S (or WB2S in your case), as there are some unused pins left, and completly skip the included switches contacts. This would allow for detecting the key presses in ESPhome / OpenBeken and then you should be able to reconfigure the behavior.

This solution seems simple, so I might look into it in the future.