Change sensor temperature in Daikin AC Climate

Hi all,
i have a Daikin AC installed by its integration.
Integration has internal sensor for ‘internal_temperature’, the sensor is on AC case but in my case is useless.
I’d like to use another temperature sensor in this integration, because i need a real temperature for target temperature.
I tried to overwrite “internal_temperature” with a template but i think it’s not possible.
How can i do?

Thanks

Hi montaste,

Have you find a way to do this? I have exactly the same problem and I wanted to override the Daikin temperature sensor with another one.

Kind regards,
Américo

Hi,
i’m going to try this

I think we need python script.

Bye

Hi both,

I too have exactly this problem. The temperature sensor that the Daikin uses is in the wrong location, and I want to replace it with a different sensor in HA. I don’t think setting the value of the existing sensor via the python script will work, because even if you do that the real sensor will update regularly with its current value.

I’ll carry on looking, and report back here if I find anything. Please let me know if either of you found a solution.

hi,
i cant find a solution yet.

i think the only possibility is to write to daikin’s integration developers and ask for external sensor in climate.

We can do it together

Note that you can pretty much “build” a climate integration with a generic_thermostat

did anyone find the best solution for this yet? i have the same issue too

Bumping this. I want to add a few sensors to my new daikin one+…I have the thermostat running fine in HA. anyone been able to do automate the thermostat with external sensors??

Same problem for me… Physically the Daikin is setup and does use the temp sensor in the wall controller. But the issue just seems to be with their API in that it reports the temp from the censor that is in the ceiling unit. My BLE temp sensor on the wall next to the Daikin wall controller is reading 22 degrees but here you can see the temp reported from the API is way higher as it’s reading the temp in the roof.

Some way to insert my temp sensor so it display in the climate widget would be great!!!