Change transparency of popups

I know this will be something in my theme file but I am not sure what but any card I click on and Hacs screens etc are really hard to read because the card that pops up is transparent.

What do I need to change to stop these being transparent, but I would really still want to keep the transparency of my standard cards.

Where in your theme have you defined your transparency?

Maybe you can try with the card-mod themes to disable the transparency only on your more-info cards.

Test:
  card-mod-theme: Test
  card-mod-more-info-yaml: |
    $: |
      .mdc-dialog {
        background: none;
      }
      .mdc-dialog .mdc-dialog__container .mdc-dialog__surface {
        background: rgba(222, 222, 222,1);
      }

card-background-color: 'rgba(222, 222, 222, 0.4)'

The above configuration makes the cards transparent, and the popup card non transparent.

Thanks, that doesn’t really mean much to me but I’ll google it.

I am sure my pop up info cards like when you click on a sensor etc never used to be transparent but they are now.

I only have transparency defined like this:

1 Like

Thanks again for the above. I have added card-mod js to my resources but I am struggling to understand where I would put the code you have shown?

does all of that need to be added to each card? or does it go somewhere specific?

sorry, still learning

Just add the mentioned lines at the top of your transparent.yaml theme.
Remember to rename it accordingly.

Transparent:
  card-mod-theme: Transparent
  card-mod-more-info-yaml: |
    $: |
      .mdc-dialog {
        background: none;
      }
      .mdc-dialog .mdc-dialog__container .mdc-dialog__surface {
        background: rgba(222, 222, 222,1);
      }

After adding it and saving, call the frontend.reload_themes service from the developers tools, refresh your browser and hopefully it will be fixed.

amazing thank you!

that works perfectly for cards!

I don’t suppose there is a way to get it working on things like Hacs menus. This is really hard to read and must be something to do with transparencies, although not on cards.

I dont know how hacs loads themes so I cannot help.
Have a look at the card-mod theme examples and you might find something useful.
It may seem difficult at first but with some practice you will see you can achieve amazing results in your themes.

1 Like

Hello,
Card mod works great except I never figured out the transparent admin popup. Has anyone got it. Im using yourname theme btw