Changing battery of zigbee devices need repairing?

Hi, I’m using cc2531+zigbee2mqtt and paired with some Aqara motion sensors. Recently I have just changed the battery for a motion sensor and after that, my zigbee2mqtt can’t detect it anymore. End up, I force removed the device and repair it.

Question: Do we have to repair the device actually after changing the battery? Sometime it takes few attempts to repair which is bit troublesome.

Thanks.

Did you ever managed to figure this out?

Thanks!

Pretty sure, you actually only have to put the Zigbee hub in to inclusion mode, change the battery of the device, and when it is powered up it should automatically rejoin the mesh while the hub is in inclusion mode.

Aqara devices are a pain because they dont exactly follow the zigbee standard. Zigbee2mqtt has specific warnings about this in the documentation.

They frequently need repairing. Changing a battery, moving them, or adding new zigbee devices are all things that could require pairing again. Unlike many other zigbee devices where just inserting the battery initiates pairing, aqara devices need to be physically accessed and the button pressed to pair. Fortunately, once added back, they usually assume the previously stored entity names and device info.

2 Likes

I have the same problem wit the aqara motion sensor after the batteriechange I can’t get it back in Homeassistant. Zigbee in includemode press the button 1 time or 5sec no different