Changing refresh rate of a device?

I installed a quirk for a Nous E6 temp and humidity sensor.

it works perfectly well except i got a sample approximativly every 3 hours; when i would like at least 4 by hour. I can’t find any downlink command for setting a refresh rate. My intuition is when i explore the cluster commands that sending a command can be done but i dont know which one and which value to send. Can someone point me to a documentation ?

thank you.

Ludovic.

Have a look at my post about setting the reporting interval. The example is for temperature reporting so in principle your device likely uses the same method.

Also, ZHA initially configures the reporting interval to max 15 minutes or on a 0.5°C change at most every 30 seconds.
However, this configuration is only don when the device initially joins the network, or when you reconfigure it. And as your devices works on a battery, the configuration quite often does not arrive at your device because it sleeps a lot and ZHA does not repeat its commands.

So using the method on the link above with zha-toolkit, you can set the configuration as you like it, and the commands is repeated until it succeeds (before the number of tries you specify).

1 Like

Thank you very much, i will try this asap, thats exactly what i needed.