Changing ZHA Sticks

I have a HUSBZB stick that I only use for ZHA right now and it works just fine. For Z wave I use the Aeotec Gen 5 stick.

I want to use the HUSBZB in another test machine (both Zwave and Zigbee). I was able to find an Elelabs Zigbee stick (on the ZHA page as compatible) for really cheap used. Is it possible to just swap out the sticks since the database lives on the host machine? I’m not certain if ZHA is similar to Zwave in that each device is paired to that stick, or if it just needs a radio to communicate (the stick) and the rest is done in software, drivers, and the database on the computer.

I did some tests with this and could not get it to work, so guessing the solution is that I would have to repair all of my devices, but wanted to ask before I go that route.

Thanks.

I don’t think so. From what I understand about zigbee, it creates a trusted network between the radio and endpoints at the hardware level, so new transceivers aren’t authorized. The network will most likely just need to be rebuilt.
I actually tried this, going from an xbee adapter to a HUSBZB-1. Adjusted the config entires to point to the correct usb path. But after an HA restart, I lost control of my zigbee devices, so just ended up rebuilding the network.

I think @jooprzol is pretty correct there. I remember reading the ConBee I to ConBee II (different hardware) migration meant that you ended up with an EXACT clone of the ConBee I.

Thanks. Pretty much what I figured but had to ask anyways.