Changing Zwave entity

How do you change a zwave entity? I set up a zwave external plug for a light and now have moved it for the fan in my kegerator. I’d like to set it up as a switch.

The biggest issue is when I hit the toggle to turn the fan off it says the service was called but the button bounces right back to the on position and the fan remains on.

Thanks,

Well, that is not normal behavior. Do u you get any error in your home-assistant.log? Or in your ozw.log? Sounds like the signal is not reaching the plug

I kinda thought that was the case but it’s not very far from the usb hub. Although it does have to go through a few walls and is behind a kegerator. I’ll try moving the switch closer and see if that fixes it. If it does guess I’ll need an extender.

I was able to figure out the problem and it was due to the switch being behind a little table bar and when I moved the bar closer to the wall it pressed up against the program button causing it to go back in add mode. Moved the bar a little further out and no issues.

1 Like