Cheap 4 Button Remote Control

I thought i share my use of there 4 button remotes

they are super cheap <$5 AUD
i bought 10 for $35 with battery included
together with a 4 x Sonoff RF Bridge that i flashed Tasmota spread around the house

i have a remote in practically every room,
and bedside tables

you will need to have the RF Bridges spread out in different areas
and match up a particular remote with the nearest Bridge for best results

I use Node Red

you can also with a time and count logic in the flow have the same button do another thing

which is what i do in my bedroom

Button A First press toggles on my bedside light
Button A Second press toggles my wifes bedside light with in 2 seconds

Button B turns on the Ceiling Fan Low
each press just cycles through med, high , low, med …
Button C turns the Ceiling Fan off

Button D First Press toggles on the Bedroom Lights
Button D Second Press toggles the walkin robe lights

there are all different ways you can do it
its not perfect but it practical and cheap

1 Like

Would it be an idea to include the name of this device, or a purchase link ?

Not really just you will find them on ebay or bangood.
there a multiply sellers on eBay, bangood all with varying prices. So you choose who you buy from. There other version of this even ones with an antenna. Which I don’t like.
There is even the recent one that Sonoff brought out that has 8 buttons. Which I have a few of as well.
That I use for lights and volume remote for the Echo Show in the kitchen when watch Tv as the sound plays on the echo. mute doesnt work, but up volume and down volume do.

well, I have been looking for something like this. Still are unable to find it with the information provided, when i search ebay mostly car keys and ac remotes pops up, when i do reverse image search of the image you posted, the only hit is this post. Would really appreciate if you could find a like to where you purchased it :wink:

i go it first go that’s how i download the picture

search 4 button 433mhz remote

but i got mine with battery included

this is the one i bought from that came with batteries

I have 3 of them, it is indeed a good and cheap solution.

1 Like

Also can be used as an alternative to multifunction devices such as Fibaro or Xiaomi as pressing two or more buttons at once sends a different code (there are 2^no. of buttons - 1 combinations => 15 with a 4 buttons remote).

1 Like

Well I learned something new, it was around the same time I bought those one code door sensors. Which gave me the idea to use them as one button remotes. Silly me, I assumed these remotes wouldn’t be any different.
There you go, just cause there cheap doesn’t mean the guy who designed it did put some thought into it.

Thanks for sharing! That’s a neat remote. I am using similar setup but with more cheap (and crapy) RF led controller with RF bridge. Good thing is they always work.

I just use RF remote part and labelled it for my need.

well no there both around the same price.
Yours has more buttons but with my fat fingers i would end up pushing the wrong button
know that i know i actually have more than 4 button codes there even more appealing to me
though it a bit hard trying to press A+B+C+D all at the same time.
No more than 2 buttons at the same time is all i can handle with one finger so i can control 7 sets of lights
a,b,c,d,a+b,b+c,c+d
that’s only one less than the sonoff ones i have and they cost x3 the price

Yup, I agree. Usually me and my wife use just 3-4 buttons that often. Especially I have magentically mounted on bed side, so few functions named turn off/on all lights, dim night light, fan etc are the most used. Well this sonoff one looks so great. I didn’t knew they exist. Thanks again for sharing! I might try them out :slight_smile:

Oh! There you go.
well Sonoff only recently brought them out with ifan03. There is even a wall mount option, just like the Philips Hue remote

1 Like