Cheap solution for Alarm Sirens with battery backup

I started the forum http://keruizone.boards.net kerui systems are pretty lacking in logic and features the Chinese company doesn’t communicate with any feature requests or support. The RF code that comes out of the keypad is unique for each arm type eg home arm, arm away, disarm, SOS which is what you grab with sonoff RF bridge but I very much doubt it would change based on which RFID keytag you tap.

Yeah I figured as much.

We are moving into our new house in a few weeks, and wanted a basic alarm that I could setup immediately. So I purchased the W193 with PIR and door/window sensors and solar siren. I’ll have the W193 as the brains of the operation initially, as I’ll be able to have it setup and operational within a few hours.

Once we’ve settled into the house, I will utilise the same sensors and sirens, but this time integrate them directly to HA with the sonoff RF, and use HA as the brains.

I may even reuse the W193 as a control panel that communicates directly to HA (via sonoff RF) as well.

Yes coz W193 will transmit RF codes so you can grab them too and use them in HA. You could arm W193 as well if you bind K16 keypad or a keyfob to W193 and copy the arm/disarm codes that they put out to W193.

The Kerui D025 doors sensors only output a single code when moved away from the magnet (door opened) and not when brought to magnet (door closed) which sucks abit coz I would like to know when a window or door is open so I can use in my HA nodered alarm when arming to make sure no windows or doors are open. I have gone down route of Xiaomi door sensors with the Xiaomi gateway and I bought Xiaomi PIR which in hindsight the existing Kerui ones do the same job with exception of no battery level property.

I got the D026 door sensors. Which display on the W193 if one is opened or closed, so I’m hoping it has two RF signals.

I prefer the size a finish of the Xiaomi products, but I needed PIR that were pet immune.

1 Like

If you could let me know if the D026’s does have the two RF outputs when you get around to it. I will pass info onto my Kerui forum for others to see.

Also would be good to know if the pet immune sensors do what they say on the tin. My cat is in the house alot so most of time I can only arm the doors and windows the indoor PIRs don’t get much use, the outdoor ones are super handy for turning on lights.

The Xiaomi sensor are super small almost like toys.

So far the pet immune sensors work well with out small (under 10kg) dog. I don’t know how well they will work with a cat that can jump on tables, and sofas, etc.

SUCCESS! D026 has THREE signals - open/closed/tamper! Very cool.

Badass!! That is big upgrade on the D025.

Now… how do I integrate the “tamper” into the same binary sensor? Or will it need its own binary sensor?

Are you not using Nodered for your alarm? If you not changed over I just finished alot of mine I can share my flow code and then you can alter to suit.

ps I gave you mention keruizone forum

Ahh Awesome man! Thanks for the shout out.
I had been experimenting with Yet Another Take on an Alarm, and it seemed pretty good for me.
For now, I’ve got the sensors into Home Assistant at least, which was priority one.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "tele/rfbridge/RESULT"
    name: 'Kerui Door Sensor'
    value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
    payload_on: '9FCF2E'
    payload_off: '9FCF27'
    device_class: door
    name: 'Kerui Door Tamper'
    payload_on: '9FCF2B'
    device_class: vibration
    off_delay: 5
    name: 'Kerui PIR'
    payload_on: '3135D2'
    device_class: motion
    off_delay: 5

Awesome, what would our family do without us :rofl:

A little bit more fiddling -

So the w193 panel doesn’t send any RF signal when arming away/home. It only sends a signal when disarming - the same signal whether using the panel or RFID tag (all rfid tags send the same RF code).

So it’s basically useless as a control panel for the HA alarm.

Does the K16 send out arm RF codes?

W193 is the server. Just as NodeRed will be when you get around to it.

K16 is merely a messenger, detector, sensor, snitch.

So K16 takes on board the inputs and outputs RF code ((eg arm, disarm, home arm, sos)RF tags seen on input side of circuit, not output).

W193 takes the input(from direct keyboard input, RF codes), fits it to your previous request (home, away, disarm) and outputs eg I am home armed and the door sensor told me it just open send RF code 43294(example) to the binded sirens to unleash the pain. Oh I been disarmed send different code 68484(example) to the sirens telling them to stand down.

The sirens don’t care about home arm or away, they just know 2 codes NOISE 43294(example) or NO NOISE 68484(example) eg (on/off).

Yeah okay.
So I wanted a physical control panel for WAF and for guests.
But if the k16 doesn’t output arm RF signals, i need to look for another solution.

I would definitely not even bother looking at Kerui gear for this type of job. Those guys do style and basic code… THATs it!

Guest and individual tagging, you are going to probably need to look commercial grade which will most likely be encrypted over the air and need to run windows software to talk to the keypad/s Im thinking office blocks, caravan parks where admin can delete and add cards via computer.

The K16 does output 4 signals. away_arm, home_arm, disarm, sos. When you bind K16 to W193, W193 catches the codes and deals with them, you can catch these to on the Sonoff RF bridge too but it doesnt matter which RFiD tag you swipe the output codes on the K16 dont change.

1 Like

So the k16 can do the outputs I need! Perfect.

Thank you.

So another little discovery:

If I go to
Settings > Sensors > Remote > Zone 1 > Panel Sound: On
The W193 now emits an RF signal when armed that is unique from the disarmed signal.

I still don’t have any “Home mode” signal, but I think I can live with that.

So I paired an RC531 remote to the W193 panel, and used the codes to create switches within HA to trigger the different states on the W193 panel:

name: 'Kerui Away'
  command_topic: cmnd/rfbridge/Backlog
  payload_on: "Rfsync 9930; Rflow 300; Rfhigh 890; Rfcode #A33EC4"
  payload_off: "Rfsync 9930; Rflow 300; Rfhigh 890; Rfcode #A33EC2"
  name: 'Kerui Home'
  payload_on: "Rfsync 9930; Rflow 300; Rfhigh 890; Rfcode #A33EC1"
  name: 'Kerui Panic'
  payload_on: "Rfsync 9930; Rflow 300; Rfhigh 890; Rfcode #A33EC8"

I have also created a binary sensor that tells me the state of the control panel:

name: 'Kerui Alarm Panel'
    payload_on: '30FE34'
    payload_off: '30FE32'
    device_class: power

So I now have this is HA:

Now, using a node-red automation, not only can I control the HA alarm from the W193, but the W193 will also reflect the state of the HA alarm if changed from withing HA.

[{"id":"a0c040da.28d9f","type":"comment","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Kerui","info":"","x":110,"y":1260,"wires":[]},{"id":"fdbccc98.cad0d","type":"server-state-changed","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"HA Control Panel","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","version":1,"entityidfilter":"alarm_control_panel.house","entityidfiltertype":"substring","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":false,"x":140,"y":1320,"wires":[["94faf8f8.ee8658"]]},{"id":"15078091.e13d1f","type":"switch","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Alarm State","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"armed_away","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"armed_home","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"disarmed","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"triggered","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"warning","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":5,"x":590,"y":1320,"wires":[["965ec797.8f9058"],["21b1c476.b6050c"],["c4746548.ea26d8"],[],[]]},{"id":"94faf8f8.ee8658","type":"traffic","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":" ","property_allow":"payload","filter_allow":"on","ignore_case_allow":false,"negate_allow":false,"send_allow":false,"property_stop":"payload","filter_stop":"1","ignore_case_stop":false,"negate_stop":false,"send_stop":false,"default_start":true,"differ":false,"x":450,"y":1320,"wires":[["15078091.e13d1f"]]},{"id":"c4746548.ea26d8","type":"api-call-service","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Disarm","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","service_domain":"switch","service":"turn_off","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"switch.kerui_away\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":960,"y":1400,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"965ec797.8f9058","type":"api-call-service","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Away Mode","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","service_domain":"switch","service":"turn_on","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"switch.kerui_away\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":970,"y":1280,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"21b1c476.b6050c","type":"api-call-service","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Home Mode","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","service_domain":"switch","service":"turn_on","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"switch.kerui_home\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":970,"y":1340,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"400f89b9.4743b8","type":"server-state-changed","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Kerui Panel","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","version":1,"entityidfilter":"binary_sensor.kerui_alarm_panel","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":true,"x":130,"y":1520,"wires":[["3388c4c9.9d9b7c","d9ec3677.a49518","8246317d.7d13"]]},{"id":"3388c4c9.9d9b7c","type":"switch","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"on","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"off","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":2,"x":570,"y":1520,"wires":[["ef3d5c42.610ec"],["901291a8.5f68c"]]},{"id":"ef3d5c42.610ec","type":"api-call-service","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Arm Away","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","service_domain":"bwalarm","service":"alarm_arm_away","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"alarm_control_panel.house\",\"code\":\"6659\",\"ignore_open_sensors\":\"true\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":960,"y":1500,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"901291a8.5f68c","type":"api-call-service","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":"Disarm","server":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","service_domain":"bwalarm","service":"alarm_disarm","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"alarm_control_panel.house\",\"code\":\"6659\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":960,"y":1560,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"d9ec3677.a49518","type":"trigger","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","op1":"1","op2":"on","op1type":"str","op2type":"str","duration":"10","extend":false,"units":"s","reset":"","bytopic":"all","name":"10s","x":310,"y":1400,"wires":[["94faf8f8.ee8658"]]},{"id":"8246317d.7d13","type":"change","z":"f9a8a8ea.c4b0f8","name":" ","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"1","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":310,"y":1460,"wires":[["94faf8f8.ee8658"]]},{"id":"1b36a1cc.1e72ee","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"hassio":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true}]

Very neat!

1 Like

And here it is playing around with some automations utilising TTS, media player, and yeelights.

1 Like