Cheap solution for Alarm Sirens with battery backup

Well a larger panel should make a big difference, I just wanted to go with something that others had found to be reliable. I’ll be providing my SJ1 with power as someone else in the UK mentioned it couldn’t cope with our winter sun (or lack of) and I’ll likely be putting it on a North Facing wall.

I’ve read reports of people upgrading the sirens with larger/better panels so that’s also something to consider.

That’s probably a good idea with our grey skies! I’ve got a south facing front wall so hoping solar will cut it. I’ve found some interesting info on the specs. The Tuya Siren only consumes 61uA-180uA according to this which is a lot less than the <10mA quoted by the Wolf Guard listing. It can provide 155mA via it’s panel too.

This is a great project. Thank you all for posting all the information. I have implemented this with a Sonoff Bridge and RF door sensors and PIRs. However, I cannot make the J009 Indoor Wireless Siren to pair with a code. Would you please someone be so kind to describe the steps to follow to make it learn the code(s) to activate/deactivate the siren? Does it use the same code or two different codes? Thanks in advance for your help.

I suppose it depends how much power the other components of the SJ1 consume, unless you only want the panel but in that case perhaps you’d be better off getting a separate panel and a separate (and truly waterproof) housing?

Just to say the reviewer I mentioned had his exposed to direct sunlight for half of the day. Look for Adrian’s review here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KERUI-Wireless-Waterproof-Powered-External/dp/B01N8VU45I

He goes on to explain some modifications he made which may be of interest…

Hi Joseph,

I was wondering if you were able in the end to get it working?
I’m trying to use a J009 (the indoor one) siren and I’m not able to make it working, even trying with the code sequence which darius shared.

Thanks

Yet to get into HA but is it possible to do something similar in Google Home? Say use Tuya sensors to trigger a 433MHz alarm as long as everything is recognised by Google Home?

Will they all work together even in Google Home?

The D025 has 3 signals. open/close/low battery.