Cheaper WiFi Light Switch Amazon- Kuled

I have an automation that is triggered by home assistant starting. I send a mqtt message to each tasmota device so that home assistant knows the stat.

cmnd/sonoff/POWER

I came across these also. Look to be the same switch just slightly cheaper. I haven’t tried them yet though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079N83NS9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uwjUBbJH7PSWX

Can you post the automation?

I have that listed in my switch.yaml under each device but not an automation

Also I don’t know if it’s the addition of these switches or the recent update but my HA freezes almost at the same time everyday. Around 12-1:00pm. Strange?

No problem. I have a script for the actually MQTT messages and an automation that calls it.

Script:

check_tasmota_devices:
  sequence:
    - service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: "cmnd/frontdoorlight/power"
      data:
        topic: "cmnd/garageoutsidelight/power"
      data:
        topic: "cmnd/garageentrancelight/power"

and the automation that calls it:

- alias: HA Startup Tasks
  trigger:
  - event: start
    platform: homeassistant
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: script.check_tasmota_devices
1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the late question. Except from the price, what’s the benefit of using this switch?
If it costs 19$ a piece, why not use the sonoff touch with tasmota for half that price?

Naor

For me, I prefer having an actual push button switch instead of a touch switch. Besides that functionality is the same. I have both, but will continue implementing the tactile buttons

Got it, thanks!

Have to say I’m fan of these as well, happened to see this topic when I was searching to see if anyone else did these. Mine looked a little different but all in all the same. Definitely blows the Sonoff Touch out of the water just on safety aspect alone since these just won’t pop out with live wires hanging not to mention many other things.

2 Likes

Awesome video!

1 Like

Thanks. Working on another video showing various LED control configs, 3 way configs, and add ons with this switch.

3 Likes

My Insteon ToggleLinc Relay died a couple of weeks ago
so I wanted to try out a Sonoff/Tasmota based switch to replace it.
The timing of this post was excellent as this is a great replacement.
I got one of these flashed and installed yesterday. Works very well!!
Also thanks for the videos!!

Great video @digiblur after watching your video I went out a d picked a few up. After flashing tasmota onto the switch has anyone run into an issue where the LED alternate between red and green?

You can control the green LED with some rules of the led power. It is an inverted state by the way. The red LED is hard wired to the relay though.

For anyone wanting to try theses and can’t / won’t solder, you can easily flash them without soldering.

Some male header pins keep things aligned (to hard for me to hold with just male jumpers) and the right grip and you can hold the pins in place and press the button when plugging it in to your computer for flashing.

I’ll give some feedback on these switches once I have some runtime. Flashing and install has been easy so far.

The Tuya Convert process is amazingly easy once you get it set up and is wireless.

http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/tuya-convert-walk-through-february-2019/

Sigh. And no 240v.
Us poor aussies and our needs.

Can someone post the configuration they used to get this working? Tuya-convert worked perfect but Sonoff basic profile isn’t working. I’ve tried relay1 on GPIO4 and GPIO12 without success… Even local control won’t toggle the relay (GPIO0 is Button1)

I have mine just set up as a Sonoff Touch. That seems to work fine for me.

I have moved my Kuled switches to ESPHome and have found them more stable and more responsive. Example config posted below.

esphome:
  name: kuled6
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: "NachoWiFi"
  password: "password123"

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Kuled6 Fallback Hotspot"
    password: "password456"

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:
  level: DEBUG

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  password: "password789"

ota:
  password: "password101"

binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio
    pin:
      number: GPIO0
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
      inverted: True
    id: button_1
    on_press:
      then:
        - light.toggle: light_1

- platform: status
    name: "Kuled6 Status"

output:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: GPIO12
    id: relay_1

light:
  - platform: binary
    name: "Kuled6"
    id: light_1
    output: relay_1

status_led:
  pin:
    number: GPIO13
    inverted: yes

I have 15 KULED switches that I flashed in Tasmota.
Can you point me to a post or explain how you moved them to ESPHome.
Thanks