Check Home Assistant configuration 2021.4 vs 2021.3.4

Hi, before upgrading to 2021.3.4 I wanted to check if everything is ok with my configuration and did the check with the “Check Home Assistant configuration” add-on.

I’m getting the following errors:

ERROR:homeassistant.helpers.check_config:Unexpected error validating config
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py”, line 153, in async_check_ha_config_file
await config_validator.async_validate_config( # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py”, line 124, in async_validate_config
await asyncio.gather(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py”, line 101, in _try_async_validate_config_item
config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py”, line 69, in async_validate_config_item
config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/trigger.py”, line 49, in async_validate_trigger_config
conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py”, line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
return await getattr(platform, “async_validate_trigger_config”)(hass, config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/deconz/device_trigger.py”, line 411, in async_validate_trigger_config
device_registry = await hass.helpers.device_registry.async_get_registry()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py”, line 638, in async_get_registry
return async_get(hass)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py”, line 622, in async_get
return cast(DeviceRegistry, hass.data[DATA_REGISTRY])
KeyError: ‘device_registry’
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of psutil==5.8.0
e[01;37mFailed confige[0m
e[01;31mautomation:e[0m e[31me[31m
- Unexpected error calling config validator: ‘device_registry’
- [OrderedDict([(‘id’, ‘1616237489965’),

And a whole bunch of automations which i didn’t copy to keep this post a bit in check.
Could somebody give me a hint what to do?

Didn’t do the update yet, want to make sure if everything is ok.

Create a snapshot, copy it off the system, read the breaking changes, adjust config as necessary then update.

This same error appeared last version and was confirmed to be a false report. The validator is broken.

1 Like

Thanks for your swift reply.
Could you give me a hint on this one too: “adjust config as necessary”

If there are breaking changes that apply to your system, follow their instructions.

Sorry for being a noob but I’m not quite sure where to look :frowning:

For example this line:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py”, line 124, in async_validate_config
await asyncio.gather(

Where do I need to check this in HA?

Ignore the validator. It’s broken. Read the release notes, taking particular notice of any breaking changes that apply to your system:

There is also a topic for discussion of this release here:

1 Like

Thanks, the breaking changes were empty about 20 minutes ago (or link not completely working). Now I see them :).
Will have a look.

Just updated and everything seems fine, thanks again! This was a storm in at teacup situation, haha.

1 Like