Check Home Assistant

Hi All,

Funny, did a check on my HAOS 6.6 to see if OS 7 will give problems.
And this is the result… Official HAOS 6.6 and have this error haha :slight_smile:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[22:18:49] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[22:18:49] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: stable...
[22:18:49] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
[22:20:27] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.12.0
[22:20:27] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[22:23:31] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[22:30:26] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[22:30:26] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.device_registry storage from 1.1 to 1.2
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.entity_registry storage from 1.1 to 1.4
WARNING:homeassistant.util.yaml.loader:YAML file /tmp/config/secrets.yaml contains duplicate key "meekdoorbell". Check lines 103 and 112
Fatal error while loading config: The 'google-auth<2.0dev,>=1.25.0' distribution was not found and is required by google-api-core
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - The 'google-auth<2.0dev,>=1.25.0' distribution was not found and is required by google-api-core

Successful config (partial)
[22:30:26] INFO: The full output has been written to /share/check_config.txt
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

I’ve had this exact message happening for months and I sure would like to know how to resolve it. It’s not related to the OS upgrade as far as I know. I have been able to update HA in the past without any problems even with this message…

It’s funny that we use official.OS and not build own on Debian and still have this issue… I had this also in docker HA on Debian. Moved to HAOS to don’t have any of those errors anymore haha

Debian support is only on a plain vanilla installation with no added services running on Debian. As soon as you add other services to the OS , it is unsupported.