Chefsteps Joule and Home Assistant?

Just got into HA so really glad to see I’m not the only one who’s asking about this. I would help but I only know python and only how to create janky automatons.

Has there been any traction on this? I would love to be able to integrate this.

Adding my voice as another interested party. I have an old Anova and could be convinced to upgrade if it means HA support.

Just got the joule smart air fryer and want to get that sucker integrated!

@Julian_Garcia, did you ever get anywhere? It looks like there is no interest on CS’ part. Can we get the API documentation to do it ourselves, at least?

1 Like

1000000000% have not forgotten. We are very very VERY busy with cool thing coming out!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Any idea on timeline for Home Assistant support? I use my Joule to warm up my kid’s bottles and I’d love to be able to schedule mine to start heating at a specific time each night.

@Julian_Garcia - if you have anything that we can start working with to get the ball rolling, I am more than happy to carry my weight.

1 Like

Just posting these pictures from the FCC filing showing our little buddy powering the brain of the Air Fryer Pro.

How convenient they label the programming pins on the back of the PCB.

I’m a complete noob here and probably already out of my depth… but would it be easy/possible to extract the firmware and then decompile/reverse engineer to find and learn the API calls?

I had some time to burn and found this repo on github from a guy that built a Chrome extension to talk to the Joule. He has reversed-engineered a lot of the details, but the bulk is in Javascript
GitHub - li-dennis/chromeJoule

The core functionality is there. It should allow to build a polling integration.

1 Like