Chefsteps Joule and Home Assistant?

Would be great to get some native HA support.

Is there an API? I can see they have Alexa support, so maybe.

1 Like

I was going to submit this request when I saw it was already here.

This integration makes a lot of sense because:

• Joule has wifi
  • It seems to have an API
  • Should be fairly simple:
    • Set temperature
    • Set duration
    • Read temperature/remaining time/elapsed time
    • Start/stop
    • Trigger event when temperature reached
    • Trigger event when cooking is done
    • (not much more I guess)

This would avoid having to rely on the Joule app and on iOS notifications.

Thank you!
Nuno

4 Likes

I second this.

2 Likes

I am just getting into Home Assistant so not ready to try to port this myself but I was looking to integrate what I have so I too would love to at least be able to monitor if not control my Joule from within one location. Since this seems to be the most active thread requesting the feature I thought I’d add this here as I have bookmarked this for future reference should I find the time to get around to it but if anyone should beat me too it, I’ll happily test:

Brad

1 Like

Can we get anymore traction here

You have my vote!

I started working on one based on the example chrome plugin… This will be my first integration… I have it logging in and getting a device list so far… still learning the HomeAssistant framework so it will take me a couple more weeks.

2 Likes

Would love this!

Would love to be able to add this to my HA as well.

Any updates? I’m happy to help. I’ve got two joules and was a software developer in a former life. Just recently got into HA so I’m excited to help

1 Like

+1 I am very interested and ready to help

Funny enough, I started this thread and now work at ChefSteps…

I’ll see what I can do.

6 Likes

Any moved/traction? Again, happy to help if I can. I know Joule has an Alexa skill (which I use) so it’s gotta have some kind of API that can be called from native AWS.

I started working on one but got busy with life and then I got upset with chefsteps removing cooking presets and trying to get people to subscribe to their service so I just stopped. I can give you what I had working. There’s an unofficial Java api client someone wrote that I started porting over and have the start of the plug-in. It logs in to the joule and gets the device list and that’s as far as I got.

Here’s the API I started to port over to python
Here’s what I had for the plugin so far

1 Like

Thanks for this Josh,

I’ll talk to the devs this week and see what we can do. I hear about your frustrations with CS… It’s really really not what you think. were all SUPER passionate people with great intentions and a boat load of ideas.

Thanks for talking to the devs. Looking forward to hearing back!

It would be ultra neat if we could get local wifi control but I understand if that’s 100% off the table.

Yea, I will +1 this. Its probably the best immersion circulator I ever bought. I would love to have it on my dashboard.

Amen! (Also, I totally understand re the ChefSteps staff — I’ve noticed your offices are abuzz with far too many ideas to implement.)