Child Tracker

Child watching/tracking/kidnapping etc is frowned upon btw… it’s slightly more acceptable if you produced them yourself though

just saw the MyKi Watch on Sale. is there any integration available yet?

Now there exists an HACS integration for the Xplora smartwatch for kids. https://github.com/Ludy87/xplora_watch

2 Likes

They make wristwatch style holders for AirTags

Is AirTag supported by HA already? Would be great

No it’s not

1 Like

Thinking about purchasing the Verizon GizmoWatch 2 for my two daughters under 10. Has anyone looked into a tracker integration with HA and this device?

Even though there is no integration for it yet, I’ve managed to make a workaround tracking for the MyKi Watch. Check it out here: MyKi GPS/GSM Watch And Tracker For Kids

Anyone uses it, any experience?

Has anyone worked on something for the Gizmo?

Hi Everyone! Raising this up from the dead. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? My kids really did not like wearing watches so hoping for an airtag/smarttag type solution.

2 Likes

Joining this.
Any idas?

1 Like

We ended up getting the SyncUP Kids watch from T-Mobile (similar to Gizmo from Verizon). Integration into HA wasn’t a primary concern, but would be a nice-to-have feature. I’m assuming that’s a pipe dream as you can only manage it from an Android App on phone. No web interface, or anything else. But will follow this thread incase there’s any development.

Detailed info on airtags

Someone could beg secure mobile networking lab to build python version of Airgaurd or a full HA integration.

This sucks, still no good product for this usecase…

Can you not use an Apple Watch and iPhone for this?

I use these with my kids and have no issue tracking them.

Well, my 7 years old is still in a phase where I expect that the thing will get lost sooner or later, so want to keep the cost down. Watch and iPhone? Even second hand solution will be at least 2-3 times more expensive than some watch with GPS and Call function.

Secondly, I want her to just have a watch (to keep distraction down), not a mobile phone. Apple Watch does not have a call function and tracking does not work without phone as well.

Airtags?

The Apple Watch does have a SIM option.

A little more expensive but considering your saving on an iPhone it balances out. Then get an iPhone a few years down the line and the non-SIM watch.

For a 7 year old - At what point are they really alone? I went down this route, once the kids decided they wanted to walk to school with friends but they were 9-10.

Sounds like a Apple AirTag is what you need here.

That isn’t active, right? I.e. it can’t send a GPS location if some iPhone isn’t around (which there is not for 7 year old who goes through some park), nor it allows to contact me if something goes badly.