Child Tracker

Hi there

Any recommendations for some kind of child watch / tracker that has GPS, and can send updates back to me/Home Assistant?

2 Likes

This is missing item in market.
I saw many Android watch/phone some years back. If you get Android watch w/phone function it may be simple enough to put together Android mqtt app for watch that send current gps coordinate.

I saw the watch below that is $30. It says it can send some alert. This aleart may be configurable to use for HA input. For example; scrape the data from aleart sent by email. At $30 it is cheap enough to test

EDIT: the website is shaddy looking so may be at your risk but still; cheap device like this can be made to work reliably through some simple hackery

Owntracks installed on a smartphone could work.

Alternatively you could build a tracker with an Arduino M0 with an LTE connection for data and a GPS module, but that may be a bit overboard.

I guess this would be overkill but my kids would love it.

1 Like

Any progress on this topic? I’m looking for a child smart gps watch and HASS integration. Any help or example scripts ?

If your child has a smartphone, you can track them with Google Maps. But if you need to further monitor your child’s other details, I suggest you use the Parental Controls app. Some apps can help you track child’s phone without them knowing.

Verizon has a GPS watch called Gizmo that is made for kids. I wonder if it could be integrated.

Returning to this ~2 years later… did anyone make any progress integrating the Gizmo line of watches? Home/Away for kids without phones is really hard.

Does it join WIFI? I’m about to get one for my kid soon

Go to gabbwireless, specifically designed for kids, we got one for our son who is 5 to keep an eye on his location to and from school on the bus. There’s different options depending on your childs age.

I have not yet found a good tracker that integrates with home assistant.

But some devices from Myki look promising.

Child, pet and asset trackers

Myki is a brand owned by Allterco Robotics, who also happens to own Shelly. Allterco has developed the software for all Shelly devices, so hopefully we will see an integration for Myki at some point in the future. Until that happens, one can use their apps for Android and IOS.

Child watching/tracking/kidnapping etc is frowned upon btw… it’s slightly more acceptable if you produced them yourself though

just saw the MyKi Watch on Sale. is there any integration available yet?

Now there exists an HACS integration for the Xplora smartwatch for kids. https://github.com/Ludy87/xplora_watch

2 Likes

They make wristwatch style holders for AirTags

Is AirTag supported by HA already? Would be great

No it’s not

1 Like

Thinking about purchasing the Verizon GizmoWatch 2 for my two daughters under 10. Has anyone looked into a tracker integration with HA and this device?

Even though there is no integration for it yet, I’ve managed to make a workaround tracking for the MyKi Watch. Check it out here: MyKi GPS/GSM Watch And Tracker For Kids

Anyone uses it, any experience?