ChiliSleep OOLER Sleep System - HA Integration

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone was able to get the “ChiliSleep OOLER Sleep System” working with HA using the raspberry pi’s built in bluetooth?

If so, how’d you accomplish this?! I’m so stuck!

Thanks!

Any luck with this? Also how do you like the chilisleep?

Not the op but I was a happy Ooler owner then saw they released the Dock Pro and now I’m a happy Dock Pro owner. It’s much quieter, cools much better, and has Wi-Fi and an api to connect to it. I’m hoping someone puts an integration together.

I got the DockPro as well and I am using home assistant to control it with rest sensors and rest commands. I’m hopeful there will be local API support in the future or someone can reverse engineer the API to control it locally.

I’ve been wanting to post this for a while, but my verification e-mail never came through, so this is a bit less timely than I’d hoped. I have some Python I’ve written to allow some level of control/monitoring via MQTT, available at
https://github.com/turmoni/ooler-mqtt-bridge . I’m not sure if this is exactly the kind of thing you’re after, but I am running it on a Pi Zero W.

It has some limitations (documented in the readme) but I’ve been using it for about a month now.

We have the old model and love it, but I would highly consider the DockPro if there was an HA integration!

There’s a public API for the DockPro. I’m using rest commands and rest sensors. I created this page to control it.

I am hopeful someone will find a way to get a local API out of this or they will make a local API available.

Very cool! Would you mind sharing your code for the rest commands? Not that it matters - We don’t even have a DockPro. But someday I’m sure we will!

@Danny2100 can you share how you built that card? I just got my dock pro and would like to have a similar setup. thanks!

There is now a HACS integration for Ooler:

1 Like

@dzmiller Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I’m super late, to the game. I’ve been desperately trying find way get my Ooler to be controllable via Alexa. My recent attempt was utilizing a SwitchBot that can press the button, but I learned that the type of button is a Capacitor type or something that essentially requires resistance/current like the human body or metal on metal that’s grounded. Tried several methods using variety of HVAC tape, aluminum foil, battery, grounding, etc on the switch bit finger none would work well enough, especially since I discovered to turn it on it could be a long press bit to turn it off, has be quick tap. So at minimum I could get half of it to work. Stumbled upon this, and think I might give it a go, but I have no HA experience. My only question is, once you get it “integrated” or controllable via Home Assistant, would I then be able to control it using Alexa? Like would it then become discoverable after some configuration, that I could just say Alexa, turn Ooler on or off. That’s literally all I’m looking for. I know I could do schedules I. The app, but I’m literally looking for a solution to add it to my routine and it turn on.

I installed the repositories you linked for the Ooler integration a few weeks ago. Received my M5 Atom Lite today, plugged it into laptop to do the initial configuration on the esp site and Home assistant recognized it instantly and Ooler was immediately discovered once I put it into pairing mode.

My main objective was to have Alexa be able to turn it on and off within her own native routine, but I have not pursued that route, since I basically tell her good night, she turns on my bed side fan, which then triggers the rest of the automation in HA. I don’t mess with my Temp often, so mainly just needed a simple turn on and off. Occasionally I like to turn it up max heat if I wake up a little before my alarm, but I don’t typically schedule anything.

My initial objective complete with on/off control. Going to play around with it some more, I see that you can adjust temperature in HA, but I didn’t see a way to set schedules or even create a automation that like I was to click my Zoom scene 2 paddle (smart button essentially) that triggers a automation that would set max heat on ooler.

You control Ooler like any other thermostat. I run a schedule and also control temp changes and on/off with a beside wave switch.

Oh snap, can you elaborate or provide some more detail on how I set that up? I’ve tried like setting an automation and choosing thermostat and setting a temp, but no luck. I still have to manually adjust in Home assistant

Actually never mind figured it out!