Choosing Zigbee or Z-Wave radiator valve (TRV)

Hi Paul, thanks for the heads up. This thread is about Zigbee/Z-Wave TRVs but I guess that the Shelly is Wifi only? I prefer to turn off our wifi network at night.

Oops - sorry, you are right - Wi-Fi only. I am not personally concerned about having my wifi on at night, so this wouldn’t be a restriction for me. I’ll start a new thread when Shelly finally give me more information about their TRVs, as the seem to be promising.

1 Like

Anyone had any luck with the Fibaro one? I have some other Fibaro products and they are rock solid. It seems there radiator have an sensor for if your radiator liquid gets cool and I’m wondering if this sensor shows up in HA?

1 Like

“Those Danfoss Ally TRV’s look surprisingly like the Hive TRV’s.” (@gavb )
Indeed and I’ve just found another brand POPP Smart Thermostat (701721) - popp.eu

1 Like

Hey all,
I have an older Tuya TRV connected via Zigbee, which I am overall happy with. I am missing a major data point however.

I am thinking about buying this newer model. Does anyone know whether it reports the “valve x% opened” info via Zigbee?

Are you sure about the price (isn’t this the price for the hub?)?

No one?

Does anyone know whether [the Tuya TRV] reports the “valve x% opened” info via Zigbee?

Yes, they are definitely Danfoss underneath! I’ve just paired a set of Hive TRVs via ZHA and they appear as Danfoss!

1 Like