Chores - Keep track using HA

Just to update everyone one what I have been working on for the past week.

I’m still working on features from @Burningstone GitHub page to send Actionable Notifications. I’ll also be setting up periodic Audible TTS reminders on my Wall mounted Fire Tablet.

Huge Thanks to burningstone and everyone who intended to help me. Happy to answer any questions.

I hqven’t adjusted my actionable notifications yet, but will do it today and then also update my files on GitHub.

1 Like

For the love of Icons.

Did you get a chance to update your GitHub config? Looking to implement Actionable Notifications this week. Sorry, not trying to rush you.

I fixed it locally and it is working as expected, however I did not find time yet to push the changes to GitHub. Will do it today or at least until the end of the week.

1 Like

Finally got time to pussh the changes to GitHub → https://github.com/Burningstone91/smart-home-setup/commit/c2f34cc8b8243bc6ce620b3f03e3e44ff28150ca

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.

I see that there are individual notifications sent for each listed chore. I have about 30+ chores. I’m trying to modify the automation to send a consolidated list of all ‘Pending’ chores each day at a set time.

Any idea how to achieve that?

I also have more than 30 chores, however most of the time it’s only 2-3 that are due on the same day. Also my whole flow with the actionable notification, confirmation etc. won’t work with you approach.

It should be doable with a loop in the template. I won’t be able to help you, I don’t have a lot of time to tinker with Home Assistant recently, only updating and fixing breaking changes.

I see your point. Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out and get started. I will post my code if i get them to work.

I haven’t watched this thread for a few days… a lot has happened here! Great!

I started setting up my chore tracker for the kids many months ago.
With us, the whole thing has to be implemented for 3 boys…

I worked intensively on it in November and wanted to use it at the turn of the year. Well, it’s March now and nothing is happening anymore :wink:

However, I would like to show you my project.
basically everything for me consists of “helpers”…

I created these identically for 3 children. The only difference is the “letters” for the “names”.

Everything else happens to me in NodeRed.
Here I award and calculate the points.

the tasks are regularly redistributed.
so that son1 does not dust son2’s points, there is also a “monitoring” function here.

It’s not quite finished yet… but since something’s happening again here in the thread, I think I’ll work on it a little further =)

In any case, I find the approach that the “(about) due date” of the individual tasks is displayed very exciting.

So far I have chosen ours so that I would like to integrate the kids a bit more… it remains to be seen whether it is all so clever from an educational point of view… but otherwise I would not use such a chore tracker at all :wink:

In the past they always had this as a calendar / board, with a reward system. That worked well! Now it is to be digitized and I will intervene on the use of the internet.
If things don’t get done anymore, you don’t need internet to play :smiley:

so that the youngest (meanwhile the 2nd youngest ^^) is also included, he gets his own dashboard with a little fewer tasks…

nice greetings from Germany. :wave: :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks again to @Vlavonvidden and @Burningstone for this great chore tracking system.
I have been using it successfully for the past months.
Since the upgrade to 2022.7.7 the UI no longer loads. I get “unknown error”.
Maybe due to lovelace_gen ? I see below similar issues:
:small_blue_diamond: Lovelace_gen - Add abilities to ui_lovelace.yaml - Share your Projects! / Custom Components - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)
Does it continue to work for you ?

I haven’t been using this UI for a while now (moved to grocy with custom cards, for added functionnalities), so I’m affraid I can’t help you with this one.

You might want to check your browser console for potential hints about what’s going on. From what you’ve linked, it does indeed look like there’s currently an issue with lovelace_gen.

Thanks for the super fast reply :slight_smile:
Interesting, looked at Grocy a while ago but it didn’t have such easy every x days repeatable tasks, I will look at it again.
To come back to the issue found this but couldn’t find a solution yet out of it:
Incompatible with 2022.7? · Issue #39 · thomasloven/hass-lovelace_gen (github.com)
But as commenting out the lovelace_gen entries work, it must be something to do with it like you said.
Not much in the console other than:

Still works fine for me on 2022.7

Thanks for the feedback, in my case it’s like it’s not finding the template anymore.
But anyway it gave me the occasion to test grocy with the custom component, thanks @Vlavonvidden.
My dashboard is a bit less nice now, but it works well and perhaps indeed more flexible with the API.

Another way to accomplish: Kids Chore List (Finish Them or No Internet! 😉)

Hi,
Do you mind sharing your config on how you setup the icons?

Sure. You would need the ‘lovelace_gen’ component to be installed before configuring this.
I’ve attached a link to the config files that are needed and the folder structure that I followed to save them

This was a very challenging task for me since I had ZERO UI experience.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hey thanks for the file. I got it working for the most part. I am tweaking the file to have it look like my current theme. This is a challenge as I do not know what moves what. For the days left text, do you know how I can shift it to the far right? I want the distance to be the same as the icon.

Also, did you figure out the invalidate cache of file? I tried adding the !file but HA went into safe mode after a reboot.

1 Like

Ok. I pretty much altered it to the way I like. Next step is to figure out some automations. Thank you to all for the sample codes.

1 Like

is it possible to use in a browser mod pop up?