Circadian Lighting [Custom Component]

You can add repositories to HACS that are not listed by added them as a “custom repository”:
press Integrations → press the row of 3 vertical periods in the top right → select “custom repositories”.
At the bottom of the window that is shown you can paste the github-URL of the repository you’d want to add.

1 Like

As I said:

I see the option now. I didn’t know that was there.

Hello for everybody, does anybody know how to randomise brightness? I want to create cloudy weather effect when brightness is changing during the day randomly. Example 17 мая 2021 г. - YouTube

I suggest creating a new thread.

Are you wanting it to be random or relative to the outside brightness? Those are two different scenarios.

yes, i want to make it random without relations with outside weather.

Ok, so please start a new thread as that functionality has nothing to do with Circadian Lighting.

What you want is to simply randomise the colour settings sent to a light. Should be very easy.

I’ve started a new thread Randomise brightness (Cloudy weather effect)

I’ve moved to the Adaptive lighting, really like the UI for configuration. I could not wait on updating HA anymore. I’d advice others to also move there

1 Like

Sorry for my absence, I have a new puppy and job that have been keeping me busy!

Fixes for 2021.5.x have been implemented in version 2.0.4-beta, which also changes the component to be async along with a couple other changes brought along by @basnijholt before he split it off into Adaptive Lighting. For those who have stuck around with Circadian Lighting, please test and let me know if everything is working properly - if so I will push to a general release. Thanks!

Also, I’d be interested to hear about why some users have switched to Adaptive Lighting (other than that it was working with 2021.5.x while CL wasn’t) and why some users still prefer Circadian Lighting. I think it would be valuable to know if @basnijholt and I should work together to combine functionality of both components, if there are certain features or behaviors that some prefer in one component over another that are mutually exclusive so both should be maintained separately, or if I should just stop development and maintenance of Circadian Lighting altogether.

2 Likes

I switched to AL hoping to use the ‘take over control’ feature however so far that function doesn’t actually seem to work.

1 Like

I moved to a Blueprint when CL stopped working which has basically the same functionality. The ability to manually adjust a light is definitely a feature I wanted

1 Like

Hey claytonjn,

I pulled the fork and kept it working, but updated now and it’s on the first look flawless.
Thank you very much for your work!
Completely understand your point. There is not always time to react immediately, 'cause one needs to care for the “normal” things in life.
I stick with circadian since I started to buy my first Ikea bulbs 1 year ago and only this time (when updating to 2021.5.x) it needed some interaction. Except for that one case, it works flawlessly.

1 Like

I use CL because it does what it says on the tin. I just could not gel with AL, I don’t think this is AL’s fault I just did not have the time to get into all the bells and whistles. I just want a switch that will set my lights in a ‘circadian mode’ and that’s it. If I want something else, I can just turn that off, be it manually or through an automation. CL was always about evening/night time for me, but since ‘the event’ and homeworking the daytime element of CL has been great for getting that ‘focus mode’ level of light for both me and my partner working from home.

Personally I think that CL is great for me who just want a simple circadian setting for lights. If you want bells and whistles, go for AL.

I’ve just removed AL now and added CL back in. Thanks for all your effort @claytonjn recently and in the past for making such a great integration for HA.

1 Like

@claytonjn What is the % being reported by [sensor.circadian_values]? It doesn’t correlate to the brightness percent of each light (90).

Is there a reason why max_colortemp and min_colortemp are component variables and not entity?

I have several lights with a min of 2700k and others with 2000k

It would be awesome if there Circadian Lighting Switch for an entity if someone adjusts the brightness/ct from the UI. Ie. I change the brightness to 100 using the entity slider and that disables the CL switch until next time that entity is turned on

If you switch to using Adaptive Lighting you can do that.

Hey guys

I have a weird behavior using this.
When the circadian lighting switch is turned on (so its enabled on my desk lamp), when HomeAssistant starts (or restarts), the lamp turns itself on.

Anybody else experienced this?

Looks like Circadian Lightning broke after Home Assistant September update.

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/hassio/__init__.py:705
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:01:03 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:01:03 PM

[140202568119056] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py) Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 200, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1738, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/__init__.py", line 705, in async_handle_core_service
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py)
Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py)
Platform error switch.circadian_lighting - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py)
1 Like