Clean Install Open Z-Wave will not install

Hey everyone,

I am on my fourth iteration today of clean-installs trying to get Open Z-Wave to work. This is the error I get everytime.

The following errors have been logged this session:

17-04-12 17:57:51 ERROR (Thread-5) [homeassistant.components.zwave] You are missing required dependency Python Open Z-Wave. Please follow instructions at: Z-Wave - Home Assistant
17-04-12 17:57:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for zwave: Component failed to initialize.
17-04-12 17:57:55 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=8 from 2017-04-12 21:18:21.640992)

I have tried both HASSBIAN and Jessie Lite with AIO. If I had hair, i wouldn’t any longer. Please help, thank you!

Justin Valence

If you installed with the All-in-one installer, it should install open z-wave as well…

This worked on the Hassbian install for me edit srv/homeassistant/pyvenv.cfg change false to true

I did but in :8888 nothing is coming. How to check if openzwave is installed and running in virtualenv? In the meantime I try install it also in pi …

To launch the OZWCP web application:

Make sure Home Assistant is not running! So stop that first
Login to Raspberry Pi ssh pi@your_raspberry_pi_ip
sudo systemctl stop home-assistant.service
Change to the ozwcp directory cd /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/
Launch the control panel sudo ./ozwcp -p 8888
Open a web browser to http://your_pi_ip:8888
Specify your zwave controller, for example /dev/ttyACM0 and hit initialize

Yes stopping hass, then works