Clean Minimal Theme - Help Needed

A theme I’m working on currently is in the final stages. I’ve seen a few people say they us JS to inject CSS, but haven’t found any exaples posted. Can someone share a working example of modifying the Magins of <ha-card> ? I need more space between these cards.

Edit: I’m totally okay with using .js in the resources section as I realize the themes.yaml config option is limited.

5 Likes

I use a blank button card to create gaps as seen in the screenshot:

You can find this button here:

1 Like

Afaik there is no way of changing margin, spacing and padding through the theme at the moment.
You can workaround by special custom cards, but you can’t deliver it in your theme.

I like this, thank you. That will come in handy for the headers.

The headers are actually markdown cards with transparent background. The gaps I was talking about can be seen on the left and right side from the screen border. Usually buttons stretch out until the border of the screen.

But the same button can be used for height as well. So width and height are both supported.

@ottom8 can you share your theme? - looks great

that looks really slick, please share your confi

Can you share your lovelace config looks like Iphone(HomeKit) ?

1 Like

I second @manzn, could you share your lovelace config ? The layout is really well done.

Share that theme please. It’s seams awesome! :yum:

Referring to the original poster

Hey you!!
You cant add a preview of that really nice looking theme without posting the configs!

Please share… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: