Clear Theme

I created a theme based on this post: Why can’t we have UI like these? Quite inspiring!

Added: Dark Version

Preview

grafik

Install via HACS

The theme can now be installed via HACS. The background image will be added automatically

Install manually

Background

Save the background image to home-assistant/www/day.jpg

Theme

clear:
  # Background image
  lovelace-background: 'center / cover no-repeat url("/local/day.jpg") fixed'

# Colors
  text-color: '#636B75'                                                           # Grey text
  text-medium-color: '#8c96a5'                                                    # Medium grey text
  text-light-color: '#BAC0C6'                                                     # Light grey text
  accent-color: '#00a1ff'                                                         # Blue
  background-color: '#F7F8F9'                                                     # Light grey background
  background-color-2: '#F4F5F6'                                                   # Light grey background
  background-card-color: 'rgba(255,255,255,1.0)'                                  # White background
  border-color: '#E8E8E8'                                                         # Light grey border

# Header
  primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                              # Background
  text-primary-color: '#FFF'                                                      # Text

# Left Menu
  paper-listbox-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                       # Background
  # TODO: Text and Icons

# UI
  paper-card-header-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                    # Title in settings
  primary-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                             # Background color (also title background in left menu)

# Card
  paper-card-background-color: 'var(--background-card-color)'                     # Background
  dark-primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  primary-text-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  paper-listbox-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  light-primary-color: 'var(--text-light-color)'
  secondary-text-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'
  disabled-text-color: 'var(--text-light-color)'
  paper-dialog-button-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  secondary-background-color: 'var(--background-color-2)'                         # Background more info title

# Icons
  paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--text-light-color)'                                # Off
  paper-item-icon-active-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                             # On

# Switches
  switch-checked-button-color: '#FFF'                                             # Knob On
  switch-unchecked-button-color: '#FFF'                                           # Knob Off
  switch-checked-track-color: '#0077FF'                                           # Background On
  switch-unchecked-track-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'                      # Background Off

# Slider
  paper-slider-active-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                # Line On
  paper-slider-container-color: '#e5e7ea'                                         # Line Off
  paper-slider-knob-color: 'var(--text-light-color)'                              # Knob On
  paper-slider-knob-start-color: 'var(--text-light-color)'                        # Knob Off

# Shadows
  ha-card-box-shadow: 'inset 0px 0px 0px 1px var(--border-color)'

Resources (optional)

Button Card: https://github.com/rodrigofragadf/lovelace-cards/tree/master/tiles-card
Animated Weather Card: https://github.com/bramkragten/custom-ui/tree/master/weather-card
Graph Card: https://github.com/kalkih/mini-graph-card
Slim Header: https://github.com/maykar/compact-custom-header/

65 Likes
1 Like

Really nice theme - I like what you have done!

Very nice! I was just looking at the same post that inspired you thinking ‘how can I do that’!!

Very nice theme. What about a dark version?

I will look into this :slight_smile: , maybe with some small modifications to one of the already really good dark themes.

1 Like

Very nice theme, thank you for sharing this!

@naofireblade, could you please share your other tabs and maybe your config?
I think your page looks very clear and clean, easy to use!

1 Like

looks great, thanks for sharing theme!

Thanks! I will look into putting everything on github and @ you when I’m done.

1 Like

How do I get the background into this theme?

Add the image to your www folder, and add the following to your lovelace:

background: center / cover no-repeat url("/local/background.jpeg") fixed

1 Like

Looks great!!
Whats your config for the colors of the mini graph card?

Sure, just adjust the temperature tresholds to your liking:

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - type: 'custom:mini-graph-card'
    align_header: left
    align_icon: left
    animate: true
    color_thresholds:
      - color: '#00a1ff'
        value: 0
      - color: '#abe673'
        value: 21
      - color: '#fe9c67'
        value: 23.5
      - color: '#e0614c'
        value: 24.5
    entities:
      - sensor.temperature_livingroom
    hour24: true
    name: Wohnen
    points_per_hour: 0.5
    show:
      fill: false
  - type: 'custom:mini-graph-card'
    align_header: left
    align_icon: left
    animate: true
    color_thresholds:
      - color: '#00a1ff'
        value: 0
      - color: '#abe673'
        value: 19.6
      - color: '#fe9c67'
        value: 21
      - color: '#e0614c'
        value: 21.5
    entities:
      - sensor.temperature_158d0001b7edda
    hour24: true
    name: Schlafen
    points_per_hour: 0.5
    show:
      fill: false

Beautiful theme, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for this! I use it as a good base to try to simulate the dribble screenshot your theme is loosely inspired by. Whenever I’m ready I’ll post a screenshot.
Meanwhile, I have a couple of questions:

• The shadows on my cards are much more visible. How did you manage to make them more subtle? Or is one of the custom components responsible for this?
  • In what cards did you use the button card exactly?

The last section in my theme controls the shadows by making them very subtle for elevation-2dp and copies that style to all elevations but 16dp.

I found 3 limits when trying to replicate the dribble screenshot:

• the card title color can not be set (just for custom cards…)
  • cards cannot be made larger (I played with panel mode and layout-card: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-layout-card but was not happy with the results)
  • the header background color is also the color for links and section labels on cards (primary-color), therefore I had to used grey instead of white, but that looks not bad I think :slight_smile: .

Dark version: Clear Theme Dark

Strange, because I used your styles, but still have more shadow…
Header background: indeed, not easy, but… let me just tease you :slight_smile:image

That looks nice! I might steal your harmony card :grinning:

Header background in white is possible, but I guess you won’t see links and section titles now.

I just saw that the shadow rules do not work after update to version 0.88 :confused: .

Nice work. Kinda doesn’t have the same fresh feel as the light version, but will be much better on my eyes, especially at night.

I’ll install it later and see how it goes. Can’t wait to try!!