Clever Dog Camera

Hi, has anyone tried integration with these products:
http://www.cleverdog.com.cn/m/

They are for sale in the UK and work pretty well using their iOS app, I don’t see an API for their system

For sale to this:
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/clever-dog-smart-camera-wifi-monitor-blue.html

Did you get a reply to this.
I have a Clever Dog camera to monitor a piece of equipment and it would be good to get notification when the image changes.

I didn’t get any answer re integrating with Home Assistant, surely the Clever Dog app notifies you if there is motion?

I couldn’t set it up to it.

There is an audio notification but that comes out of the camera not the app.

It seems you have to continually check the camera video log :frowning:

I can’t see any Clever Dog API, there is bound to be a way but I don’t know

Thanks any way

It’s been 3 years since this topic was opened. Maybe someone has successfully integrated Clever Dog into Home Assistant? That would be great!

1 Like

Clever dog cameras seem to be insecure and sending your WiFi data to china. It has telnet open and a web server with SD card videos (not secured with password). After watching this video, I wouldnt use my cleverdog camera anymore. Tapo C200 is a cheap recommendation as a replacement for Clever Dog camera. See this video by ChannelBeforePurpose on YouTube.

Is there any way to flash the Clever dog camera with a custom firmware, that stops if from sending data to china, possibly making it act like a dumb ip camera? Also is there anything we can do with the fact that telnet is open

Firewall rules blocking the camera from the internet can fix this… And just do not expose the telnet to the internet, then it’s probably safe.

But if you entered your WiFi password in the app before, it is probably too late. In that case, I would recommend first changing your WiFi password, then create a static DHCP mapping and then creating a firewall rule to block it to anything except in their own network (IoT network is recommended). Then you could enter the HTTP server with the SD card videos and watch them, but I don’t know how to access the live stream. It is probably exposed without a password on a different port or URL on the web server. :grin: