CLI not starting, fresh boot RPI 4 HA 11.5

Hi,
I am new to the Home Assistant world and just bought myself a Raspberry Pi 4 (model b) with a 64 gb micro sd card. I asked this question yesterday on Home Assistant Discord server and no one were able to help. They did prompt me to buy a micro hdmi cable to get the log on screen and see what was going on. The problem:

I did install the Home Assistant OS 11.5 (RPI 4 / 400) according to the guide from Home Assistant webpage (Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant). I did it by using the Raspberry Pi Imager v1.8.5.

The installation did work, and i got a message to unload the sd card.
When I enter the power button into the Raspberry Pi 4, (I also have entered the sd card to the slot underneath prior to connecting the powercord) it boots up (green light flickering beside the static red light in front). I have an ethernet cable connected to the RPI 4 and its connected to the router, same local network as my computer.

However, I am unable to connect through the browser by either homeassistant.local:8123 or homeassistant:8123. I dont see any RPI 4 / HA / Home Assistant either in my router, so I dont find any IP adress for it. I have also tried to use Fing without success.

I have tried to flash/re-install the HA on my Sd card multiple times withoiut luck. Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be the issue here?

The “Cannot connect…” message keeps repeating until a new line says “[Warn] Home Assistant CLI not starting! Jump into emergency console…”

And then its just sitting there doing nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas?
Tnx in advance

The “I/O errors” indicate a problem with your SDCard. Try with another.

I just bought the SD card, is brand new (A2 64GB Class 10, microSDXC). You think I should go buy a new again?

Why “again”? Try with another one, any, to test what could be wrong. Assuming you use an USB adapter for your SDCard, it could be the culprit as well.

By “again” I mean that I bought a brand new SD card just for the RPI 4. I dont have any more cards, so then I need to go buy a new again.

Here I have some more images for my boot, that might provide some more insights.

I installed the HA on the SD card from a USB-C / SD card adapter since i dont have a sd card slot on my stationary computer. But I have also tried to install it from a laptop with internal card reader, with the same issue. Maybe there is a defect SD card even though it is brand new? If so, what should i buy? Is it still A2 versions? and is 64gb enough?

Also in the begining of the boot the hdmi screen shows “Card did not respond to voltage selecct! : -110”

I bought a PSU ( Raspberry Pi KSA-15E-051300HE) specificly with raspberry producer, so I should not have any issues with the power.

1 Like

Bought a new SD card. Seems to have solved the issue