Clickatell Central help

Hi,

HA has intergration with clickatell SMS how I unfortunatly have credits in there older system clickatell Central/Communicator.

The SMS and Central products look to work in the same way except with a different base URL and options.

I’ve copied the clickatell SMS notify component and modified it to what I would hop would work but can’t get any SMS’s to come through. The thing is I don’t know if the problem is that I didn’t make the right changes to the custom component or if my configuration to trigger the SMS is incorrect (or something else again).

Here is a copy of my custom component clickatell_central.pyand here is my relevant configartion sections

notify:
  - platform: clickatell_central
    username: !secret clickatellcentralusername
    password: !secret clickatellcentralpassword
    api_key: !secret clickatellcentralapikey
    recipient: !secret phonenumber

and for the automation part

- id: alarm_armed_away
  alias: '[Alarm] Away Mode Armed'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: 'armed_away'
  action:
  - data:
      text: 'Alarm Away Mode Armed'
    service: notify.clickatell_central

I’ve messed around with a few ways of arranging the automation part but I have littel faith that I have it right and think that is where my problem is. The way the yaml configration file changes baffles me.

If I can get this working then I’ll submit the custom component to HA so everyone can enjoy it :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hey Alex. I had a similar issue with me having credits in their archive system. I spoke to support yesterday and they have a mechanism to transfer your credits over to their newer HA compatible system which is what they’re undertaking for me now. Obviously if you still need/use the other system that will be of no value to you but thought I’d let you know.

@crass00

Your code:

- id: alarm_armed_away
  alias: '[Alarm] Away Mode Armed'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: 'armed_away'
  action:
  - data:
      text: 'Alarm Away Mode Armed'
    service: notify.clickatell_central